CHAPTER NINE

After dinner, Clarke made her way up the Commander's room.

She knocked quietly and when no one answered she pushed the doors open. There didn't appear to be anyone in the room, so Clarke walked around the room until she approached a door, which she assumed was the door to her bathroom. From behind the door, was silence. Clarke would've accepted that no one was there if it wasn't for the soft glow of candlelight from under the door crack.

Clarke knocked on the bathroom door.

"Chon dare disturb Ai!? get au fou Ai frag op Yu!" [Who dare disturb me!? Get out before I kill you!] She boomed from the other side of the door.

Not knowing what she said, Clarke decided to leave immediately.

Lexa, not getting a response, swung the door do her bathroom open, knife in hand. Her face was devoured in fury and her knuckles white from her grip on her knife.

She wore a small, fitted tank top and pants, and didn't have her warpaint on.

When she saw Clarke standing in the center of her room, scared to death, she immediately lowered the knife and began to shout in her language.

"Hayon Klark! Ai don nou idea em was Yu! ai don ste prepared gon frag op someone jos na." [God Clarke! I didn't know that was you! I was prepared to kill someone just now!] She yelled.

Lexa dropped the knife and repeated her sentence in English for Clarke to understand, although Clarke looked as if she was about to pass out from fear.

"Clarke? Are you okay?" Lexa questioned walking up to Clarke.

She nodded her head unconvincingly, obviously still in shock.

"The last time someone got into my room without being announced and knocked on my bathroom door, it was 2 men trying to kill me. They had Azgeda markings and managed to put up a good fight before I killed them."

"The assassins knocked on your door?" Clarke asked, confused. She didn't even acknowledge that people had attempted to kill her.

Lexa and Clarke began to laugh at the thought of her executioners knocking on her door.

The Commander's laugh was precious, as rare as it was.

Breaking the laughter, Lexa said,

"Please, sit down and we can begin in a moment." Lexa returned to her bathroom to change her clothes once more, seeing as she wasn't full dressed.

Clarke instinctually sat down on the edge of the bed behind her with a clear view into Lexa's bathroom, the door was left wide open. Clarke tried hard not to watch as Lexa pulled off her shirt, revealing her toned abs and back, wearing nothing on her upper body but a thin cloth around her chest. Very thin.

Lexa felt Clarke staring and turned to face the opposite direction, and Clarke looked away embarrassed.

When Lexa returned to the room, she was surprised Clarke had decided to sit on her bed, rather than a couch or chair, but she didn't say anything.

Lexa began their lesson, starting with clan names and leaders.

"Trifedakru, Azgeda, Floudonkru, Sangedakru, Yujleda, Ouska Ejon Kru, Delfikru, Trishanakru, Podakru, Ingranronakru, Boudalankru, and Louwoda Klironkru." Lexa repeated the names of each clan multiple times until Clarke had memorized them.

Then she moved onto their representatives. Clarke rehearsed the names of each representative and their histories, until Lexa got to the last two clans. Floukru and Azgeda.