House of Shots/House of Confessions

"I have information you all should know," Victor grumbled. "Information that could be and will be of use to you for everything you're going through now. Daniel-"

A sharp, immediate noise erupted, followed by instinctive screams, followed by the deadliest silence. It took a moment to realize what happened, but as soon as a Victor fell forward and a bullet wound was visible in his back and Mr. Perry was standing behind him with a gun, it was very clear what had just happened.

"-has just killed Victor," Mr. Perry finished the sentence Victor wasn't able to. "You only get one shot at things in life. Victor had his chance in the restaurant to tell Eddie everything. I mean, I know I threatened him and all, but it's not like I could ever kill him in a restaurant. It's not like I'd really take Corbierre away; I mean really. A dumb stuffed bird? You know," he chuckled maniacally, "this is quite enjoyable...Targeting weaknesses to get what I want. One of you here knows that all to well, isn't that right Jerome?"

Mr. Perry raised his eyebrows, awaiting a response, and the others actually wanted a response too.

"No worries. I give you permission to tell them; this has been going on all too long. But just know it's your fault all your friends are in this Jerome. And I'm sure they'll hate you even more once you tell them the truth. If that's even really possible. I mean, no one likes you. Out of your entire life, when has anyone ever liked you no matter what you've done?"

Jerome was trying his best to hold back tears when Joy stepped in and defended, "Hey, don't you talk to him like that!"

"Silence, pretty lady. Sweetie Junior, stay here, the rest of you, have a pleasant evening."

"Eddie?" Patricia asked.

"Just go. I swore I'd come back, remember?" Eddie questioned.

The others were forced to leave, seeing they were dealing with a mad man and a gun. The hurried back to Anubis house, Jerome ahead of them all, and Fabian and Alfie were the last ones to make it back in the house.

"Jerome Clarke, if you don't start explaining in the next four seconds my hammer and knife are going to penetrate you where it's not pretty."

"I'm explaining, I'm explaining," Jerome insisted. "Just know it's a lot to take in, and afterwards, I'll go if you want me to go because I swear you'll hate me. I've known Daniel since I-or we were young. He was smart, but pretty arrogant, bossy, and a bad influence, but all the same, he was there for the ones he cared about when they needed him most. Little did we know, he really only cared about himself."

"How do you mean?" Fabian asked.

"Well, he used to have good intentions. But his parents just thought of him as a weird kid. They hated the fact he obsessed so much over Egyptian mythology, praising and giving rituals to the gods. They told him he was a failure, and he'd never be what they wanted him to be. And he believed it all eventually. Then he somehow...twisted his own brain to think it was everyone else. That everyone else was the problem. And he could officially be declared insane."

"How did you two know eachother?" Nina asked.

"His parents saw he was too insane for them to handle, for them to love...so they sent him to live with his grandmother. Or our grandmother. Since we're cousins."

"You're related to Daniel?!" Alfie exclaimed. "Plot twist..."

Jerome continued, undermining Alfie's statement. "He convinced me to side with him against the world. I looked up to him after all, not really having a father-figure and him being six years older than me. I just so happened to have the perfect qualities of a criminal."