“Yes.” He pulls her into his arms and holds her, burying his nose in her hair and swaying gently from side to side.

He smells heavenly himself.

"You're something, Dylan Walker"

He chuckles and the captivating sound reverberates through his chest. He
tightens his hold on her.

“A requiem?” she murmurs a little shocked that we are dancing to it.

He shrugs. “It’s just a lovely piece of music, Lorraine.”

The driver, Tony walked into the room "Miss Paula Smith is here, Sir"

Dylan hummed "Let her in" he replied simply.

"Who's that?" Lorraine asked with a raised brow as they stopped dancing.

"The interior decorator" he replied.

Paula Smith is a good-looking woman. A tall, good-looking woman. She wears her short, salon blonde, perfectly layered and coiffed hair like a sophisticated crown. She’s dressed in a pale gray pantsuit. The slacks and fitted jacket hug her lush curves.

Her clothes look expensive.

At the base of her throat, a solitary diamond glints, matching the single-carat studs in her ears.

She is well groomed. One of those women who grew up with money and breeding, though
her breeding seems to be lacking this evening. Her pale blue blouse was undone too
far. Like Lorraine's.

She flushes.

“Dylan! Lorraine!” She beams, showing perfect white teeth, and holds out a
manicured hand to shake first Dylan’s, then Lorraine's.

It means she had to release Dylan's hand to reciprocate.

She’s a fraction shorter than Dylan, but
then she’s in killer heels.

“Paula ” Dylan says politely. Lorraine smile coolly.

“You both look so well, and you Lorraine... You look good after the baby,” she says smoothly, her brown eyes gazing at Dylan through her long mascaraed lashes.

Dylan puts his arm around Lorraine, holding her close. “Thank you.” He brushes his lips against her temple, taking her by surprise.

She grins.

Right now... she really loved her husband.

She slip her hand around his waist then into his rear pocket of his pants and squeeze his behind.

Paula gives them a thin smile. “Have you managed to look over the plans?”

“We have,” Lorraine murmur. She gazes up at Dylan, who grins down at her, one eyebrow
raised in wry amusement.

Amused at what?

Her reaction to Paula or her squeezing his butt?

“Please,” Dylan says. “The plans are here.” He gestures toward the dining
table. Taking Lorraine's hand, he leads her to it, Paula following in their wake.

Does he know that she’s attracted to him and is being too obvious about it?

It gives Lorraine a small rush of pleasure when she realize maybe he’s trying to reassure her.

Or maybe he’s just sending a message loud and clear to this woman that he’s taken.

"I think Lorraine has some opinions on the glass wall, but generally we’re both pleased with the ideas you’ve come up with.”