Part 15: Imma' Flirt (Marco's POV)

And so what kung sila na ng gunggong na Mark na yun? The hell I care. Wala akong pakialam. Wala talaga. Period. Magsama sila. Isang witch at isang gunggong.

Nakakainis. Bakit ba ako naiinis? At anong dahilan at umiinom na naman ako ngayong gabi? I really don't understand myself these past few days. I haven't thought of Alex anymore, and that is a good thing for a brokenhearted guy like me. But why do I have to think about that Ylla witch most of the time, lalo pa ngayon na nalaman ko that she had a past relationship with that jerk, and they are together for the second time around. Darn it!

Makakalahati ko na yung bote ng brandy at medyo nahihilo na ako kaya naman I've decided to stop. Iniligpit ko ang bote at binalik sa shelves ng mga alak, at saka ako dumeretso sa kuwarto ko.

Dumapa ako sa kama without even changing my clothes and does not bother to take off my shoes, and just close my eyes.

 Kung dati, nakakatulog agad ako, bakit ngayon hindi? Kanina pa ako pabaling-baling sa kama pero ni hindi man lang ako dalawin ng antok. Wala ring epekto yung alak na ininom ko. Ilang daang tupa na rin ang nabilang ko pero wala pa rin, kaya naman pinasya kong tumayo. Maybe I have to take a quick shower para makatulog ako.

But it doesn't change a thing. Not even a bit. I checked the clock - - 2:30am. I'm still wide-awake at these wee hour of the night. Sigh.

And that's when I noticed my laptop. I remember the new folder in my desktop. I clicked on it and started staring at Ylla. Yes, it's all stolen shots when we were at the island. Merong nakangiti, may nakataas ang kilay, nakanguso, may inis, may natutulog, may nakabuka ang bibig, but this one is my favorite. She's staring and admiring the sunset, and she was smiling all by herself.

I wished she would smile at me like that. Like she admires me and wants me by her side.  But I know that would not happen. She's in love with that yank. Now I know what type of a guy she likes. A guy just like Mark Montemayor, the king of all jerks. I never expected her to get involved with such guy.

Ipinilig ko ang ulo ko. This is crazy. Bakit ba ako nagkakaganito dahil sa kanya? She's not worth my time. Marami namang nagkakandarapa sa akin. Yeah, that's it. Why not show her how playboy I am. "As if she'll care?!" Sigaw ng konsensiya ko. Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako nang malalim.

------ -------- -------

Ayaw ko sanang pumunta sa charity event sponsored by Christian Lao's family, not because I do not want to help, but because I do not want to see Ylla. Yeah, I know that her group would be covering this event, pero dahil ngayong gabi din magaganap yung surprise ni Andy para kay Zoe, which I have a participation to make, I had no choice but to come. But I made sure I am miles away from her.

The charity event was successful, as well as the surprise of Andy. And I, myself is successful for avoiding her. I know I'm being rude for doing that, pero alangan namang bigyan ko siya ng atensyon gayong alam ko na may boyfriend na siya. Hindi naman ako girlfriend stealer.

Kaya ayun, ayaw ko mang gawin, I have to ignore her sweet smiles kahit pa nga yun yung hiling ko nung nakaraang gabi, and I pretended I never saw her waving at me. God, I missed her. I wanted to kiss her and hug her tight, lalo pa nung nag-kiss sina Alex and Nash, and Andy and Zoe. Di ko alam kung nangiinggit talaga sila ng mga oras na yun. I should have stayed home.

I excused myself when Alex told everyone that I am committed with every girl in the city, which made everyone laughed. It's not that I am being defensive, but I just wanted to distance myself from her. I do not like the hurt and the pain that I am seeing right through Ylla's eyes. What was that hurt for? It's not that she's hurt because of me. That's unbelievable. I am sure she loves what I am doing, which I definitely hate – to avoid her.