Farewell

Irie sits on a small chair near the bed where her grandmother is resting, she gently holds her grandma's hand, she is sad but can't cry because not a single drop comes out this is one problem she is having till now that no matter what happens her eyes just never let out tears. she doesn't know what is like to shed tears, poor Irie.

"grandma get up soon, you haven't completed giving me lessons yet..." Irie caress her grandmother's hair softly
no response in return Irie hung her head sadly, after few minutes someone touch her head she looked up to found her grandmother staring at her with teary eyes.

"don't bow your head like that my child it's fine, it's okay you know that this day will come right?" she said in very low voice but was clear to Irie
"yes..I know.." she carries her grandmother's hand softly
Irie's grandmother smile at her
"now what should I do grandma what am I suppose to do without you?"
"you find your own path kid..."
"but who will teach me now huh?"
"then find a new teacher?"
"and where I am suppose to find that person?"
"haha and how am I suppose to know that?" she chuckled softly, her grandma is also something to joke around at time like this
Irie sigh in defeat.

"Irie no matter where you go and what you do just give your best, you might not know what to do yet but you will know some day the purpose you were born. there will be something that only you can do be brave and keep moving forward in life, I am happy that I had a chance to raise such a good kid like you Irie and remember I will always be proud of you, grandma loves you and  will always do. take care of yourself and Ryu"
a tear rolled down from grandmother's eyes.
then she slowly moves her hand to took out her bracelet that she had till now which holds a symbol of their family.
"here just a parting gift from me" then she folds it in Irie's hand and then her moments became slower and slower until there is no motion and finally she let out her final breath with a big smile and teary eyes.

Irie looks at her grandmother and all the rest of people rush inside the room they just stoped on their way, some sobbed and some just kept their silence.
"thank you grandma for teaching me how to live and love, you will always be in my thoughts now you can sleep in peace don't worry I will look after myself and Ryu." then she stepped aside to let the elders do the rest of things.

The following day they had the funeral and some other rituals Irie just sit quietly and let the elders do what they called 'rituals', after a week everything came to an end. things were wrapped up they gave Irie blessings for her well being. some pity her because her grandmother was the only family member she ever had and she is also gone they offered her to stay at their places but she refused.

soon the house was empty she gave farewell to all those who came there all asked her to come and live with them but Irie don't wanted to she said that she is old enough to take care of herself.

at night someone from her neighbour came and gave her dinner "thank you miss rose"
"don't mention it Irie, and ask anything you want from us okay"
"okay" Irie smiled at her, there are some good people too who just don't talk big but are actually worried about her.

After having a tasty dinner and cleaning all the dishes she goes to her grandmother's study room where she kept all the books and papers.
she lit up the candle on the table and sat quietly staring at the candle flame.
"what now?" she asked herself

~what we gona do now Irie?

Ryu answers her back at least she has someone to talk she isn't alone but not that anyone knows that.
"I don't know...Ryu"

~are you sad?

"you know better than anyone but you still ask"

~but you don't show it

"I know I am not good at that *sigh* wait I think I know what I am gona do next?" she stand up and bring down a book from the shelf

~what's that about?

"I will find a way to summon you.."

~really you can do that but I thought that book doesn't say it all

"yah I know some pages are missing but if I could I find the person who wrote this book then?"

~ and do you think he is alive?

"well we don't know until we find out?"

~then how will you start?

"very first thing I have to get information about this author"

~how will you do that?

Next morning Irie went to the market she knows that there is a book store there from where her grandmother used to purchase sometimes.
Irie goes inside the shop it's usually crowded but today is quite less people around. she saw the shopkeeper arranging the top book shelves climbed up the ladder.

"Mr. Dean!"
this startled him and made him lose his balance but he didn't fall but his ladder lose his balance.
"woh...shit!" he try to take control but failed but luckily Irie is down there and she grabbed the ladder and put it right on places without any effort with Mr. Dean on the top of ladder.

"fu... that was close!" Mr. Dean shook his head in disbelief and adjusting his clothes, he is a young man in his thirtees he wore glasses which gave him the looks of a class teacher with descent dress code.
"how may I help you today miss Irie?" he finally asked
"oh! I wanted to ask you some things if you don't mind?"
"sure go ahead."
"here this book do you know about this author?" she pass him the book
"hm..let me have a look it's very old, I think it's a real edition, never saw this book before." he adjusted his glasses
"Jack hardwood"...well that's new?"
"do you know that person?"
"hm..can you give me sometime I can search it for you?" he looked up at her
"yah! sure"
"where's grandma?" he couldn't help asking
"ah!! you don't know?" she widen her eyes
after few minutes of silence.
"oh! um..I don't know, I am sorry" Mr. Dean realise what she meant and felt sorry and sad at the same time.

he place a hand on her shoulder "don't worry I won't ask why you want to know about the book's author, i will find the information and come to you by myself I want to lay some respect to grandma"

Irie smiled at him "okay!"