Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Optimistic
.•°°•☆ ☆•°°•.

Jungkook's POV

"I still don't understand why he's forcing me to be the main character of that erotic romance shit, movie or series whatever I don't care thing!" I complained infront of the couple as they listened to my rant with frowns on their faces. "It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been turning him down, yet he keeps on pestering me about it!"

"What exactly did he say to you as to why he wants you to be the main character?" Suzy-sunbae-nim asked. I turned to look at her in disbelief and threw my arms up in frustration.

""The movie was a great hit!!" Like, no man! The movie was a hit because fans are hating over me! Literally majority of their feedbacks are not relevant to the movie and are just bashing me, sending me comments how much they hate me!" I continued on ranting, but then spoke in a low whisper, "Thanks for not supporting the movie, by the way. I hated that."

"So if...he wants you to be the main character because the movie was a hit...doesn't that mean that at some point, he'd propose to Suzy another project as well?" Taehyung asked confused.

"You know what he told me?" I asked him, but more like letting him know about something, rather than asking. "He can't just give a new project to Suzy especially that most proposed that it'd be with me or another hit actor all because the two of you are dating."

"He's supporting us dating but forcing you to do something you don't want to do when you're...married?" Suzy-sunbae-nim replied.

"EXACTLY!!" I snapped.

"Well, I'm confused. Why? I mean, why would he do that?" Taehyung spoke afterwards. I rolled my head back as I loudly groaned before ruffling my hair like a crazy person all because I'm just so frustrated and angry and furious and all the mad words to describe what I'm feeling right now.

"That's what I was confused about too. Maybe dude hates me for some reason that he's throwing me to other women now that he has chance as he believes I'm no longer in a relationship, knowing fully well that I hate what he's doing!"

"Do you think he has a motive behind what he's doing?" Suzy-sunbae-nim asked.

I frantically nodded my head. "Definitely," was all that I said.

...

"Mr. Lee, I'm on leave at the moment, just please send this off to someone else," I disrespectfully replied to him as I walked down the hall of the company with him walking behind me, following me like a damn puppy. I asked the CEO if I can be on leave for a moment as me and Y/n along with our kids are finally going somewhere for a vacation to spend time as a family. The CEO was so happy for us that he gave me a paid leave even though I told him that it wasn't necessary. But the moment I step foot out of his office, Mr. Lee popped out of nowhere and here we are now.

"But I want YOU in it! I want you to be the star, Jungkook, this is a great opportunity! We always focus on romance for teen audience, it's time to target the adults---"

"I said no!" I unintentionally snapped at him, yelling at the top of my lungs. Suddenly, the already quiet hallway became even more eerily quiet. He had a look of disbelief on his face, and it twisted into a how-dare-you-disrespect-me face. I shook my head and ran my palms down my face and apologized, "I'm sorry... Look, Mr. Lee, I made it very clear to you that I don't want to do this. It's either you stop coming to me about this and cast someone else, or you stop coming to me about this and cast someone else." I repeated the same option, making it clear to him that...there's literally no other option for him.