Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Wedding Rings
.•°°•☆ ☆•°°•.

Y/n's POV

I was stunned. He kissed my forehead and called me 'baby.' Does he have any idea how much I missed his affections? I was stupid to make that mistake and allow him to walk out of my life. Had I not stuttered, we would have still be fine now.

He left by the afternoon yet it's already 10 pm and he still isn't home. After tucking the children to sleep, I had walked down the stairs and waited for him in the livingroom for the last 3 hours. It's an unsettling feeling. It feels so heavy in the chest waiting for a loved one to come home. Now I understood how he felt every time he waits for me to come home while I was too stubborn to notice it.

I let out a heavy sigh and was about to go to the kitchen to stand up when the landline rang. Oh!! I forgot my phone upstairs. Maybe this is why someone called our landline number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good evening. Is this Ms. Lee Y/n?" a feminine voice replied from the other side of the phone. Wait... Where is he?

"Ah, yess. Speaking."

"Good evening, Ms. Y/n. This is **** Hospital. We would like to inform you about Mr. Jeon Jungkook being admitted here in the hospital. Your number was in his emergency contacts but you weren't responding our call, so we dialled your landline number second in his emergency contact list."

"Why? What happened to him?" I asked in worry. Why is he admitted in the hospital?? Did something happen to him? If not, then he wouldn't be admitted, right? Dumb, Y/n.

"He was one of the victims during a fire accident," she replied my question. Fire accident!! It's the apartment thing!!

"I'm on my way," she thanked from the other side before I dropped the telephone down. I ran up stairs and contemplated if I should bring Minhoo and Minhan with me, but decided against it and would just lock the doors and windows. I don't want to disturb their sleep, moreover, they're too heavy for me to carry on my own especially that they'd be sleepy.

I threw on a coat that I first saw in the closet, fit on my shoes and ran outside of the house, locking for security. I hailed a cab and asked the taxi driver to drive me to the said hospital. The taxi driver gave me doubtful looks, he probably recognized me but was still doubting. I am glad he didn't say a single word though.

Dropping me infront of the hospital, I froze in my spot when there were a pack of media reporters upfront. I gulped and did a detour, running to the back of the hospital to see the same situation. How do I get inside now?

A nurse who was chewing a piece bread walked pass me and I grabbed ahold of her wrist. She was alarmed and yanked my hand away, turning to face me with a scared look on her face. I pulled off my mask and raised my cap a bit higher, her once scared face turned into shock.

"L-Lee.....Lee Y---" she stuttered. I pressed my index finger up onto my lips asking her to keep quiet non-verbally to which she nodded her head to. "H-how may I...h-help you--- star...?"

I chuckled. "Can you please help me get inside the hospital without getting seen by the reporters?"

She first frowned, but then gasped and nodded her head. "Yes! Jeon Jungkook was admitted here!! I-I mean...Mr. Jeon," she laughed awkwardly.

She then asked me to follow her to which she lead me to an emergency exit door. She opened the door, the alarm went off, and I covered my ears at the loud noise. She still proceeded to take me inside and soon closed the door, pressing onto some button and the alarm shut off. We walked inside into a hallway before the main part of the hospital was into view.