Chapter 18: The Secrets Hidden In The Scars

Start from the beginning

"It's clear... Without her, he wouldn't find the strength to hold on and do his best to save his creation. That man would fall into a worse depression than the drummer, whom he and his pal are trying to help. And you understand what it might lead to."

"Yeah, about Terrence!" Christiana sharply moves her eyes off the bright pages of a glossy magazine and moves them to Violetta. "Did I tell you I saw blood on Terrence's clothes yesterday?"

"Blood on Terrence's clothes?" Violetta rounds her eyes and sharply stops in the middle of the room. "But how did he get blood on his clothes?"

"I don't know... When Terrence returned home, he came to me, gave me his clothes, and asked me to wash them well. I automatically wanted to put it in a washing machine, but then looked better and saw lots of blood on his jeans and t-shirt. Although the clothes were black, I managed to see bloody tracks."

"Did you wash off the blood tracks? It's so hard to do it, but if Terrence had them for a long time, the blood could get dry!"

"I did, barely! Those tracks were really dry, and I had to do my best to wash them off. I even checked the Internet to find something effective... Just only washing them in a washing machine wasn't enough."

"My gosh..." Violetta closes her mouth with a hand and shakes her head. "Do you have assumptions about where he got them?"

"I don't know," Christiana shrugs. "Maybe, he fought with someone? Beat someone's face to the blood that he got covered with?"

"Maybe... I don't know who he could start a fight with, but knowing his short-tempered character, I won't be surprised if someone got him enraged."

"And it seems like he started a fight for the second time in a while. Because Terrence recently also fought because he came back home with a big bruise under his eye."

"Yes, I saw it and gave him some ice to put on the bruise. But it's kind of gone..."

"Nope, it's not gone yet. Sometimes Raquelle covers it, so people don't stare at him, and journalists don't make a scandal out of nothing."

"Maybe... But I don't understand what could provoke him for a fight? Isn't Terrence afraid that if someone sees him fighting and especially records a video, his reputation will get much worse? And he won't become a musician and be back to an acting career!"

"Who knows, Violetta..." Christiana sighs quietly. "He's the only one to be able to answer this question. But none of us will be told because we're just servants."

"But I would love to know it..."

Violetta turns on the mirror and checks her hair again, while Christiana turns the pages of the glossy magazine for a few seconds. But then something gets her attention, and she sharply turns one page back, starts to examine what she sees, and rounds her eyes.

"Violetta!" Christiana exclaims excitedly. "Violetta, come here now! You're gonna be shocked!"

"My gosh, Christiana, did you read some nonsense in the magazine again?" Violetta moans tiredly. "Did some actors get divorced? Or is someone expecting a child? Or are journalists making something out of nothing and publishing false articles?"

Violetta slowly comes to Christiana and sits next to her on the bed, looking into the magazine without emotions, and moves her eyes to what her workmate points at.

"You just look what's written here!" Christiana exclaims.

"My God, friend," Violetta pronounces quietly. "It's just..."

Violetta examines the content of the page and runs her eyes over a phrase. She sharply rounds her eyes and literally stops breathing.

"The drummer of 'Against The System' tried to kill himself?" Violetta wonders and glances sharply at Christiana. "My gosh, it's Terrence's band"