Chapter 18: The Secrets Hidden In The Scars

A new day. It's about ten o'clock. The home of Terrence and Raquelle. Violetta and Christiana are in the room of the latter one and getting ready for another hard day at work and planning what they should do today. The servants already put on a uniform and brushed their hair into a tail or a tuff. But while planning their day, Violetta and Christiana cannot contain themselves from talking about what's happening in the lives of Terrence and Raquelle.

"I wonder, what's written in the letters that Terrence told us about yesterday?" Violetta asks, fixing her hair in front of the mirror.

"Do you mean the letters that he asked us to give him when his brother would come?" Christiana asks a little distantly, sitting on the bed, turning pages of a glossy magazine and being busy with what is written in it.

"Yes, them." Violetta turns to Christiana. "Is there something special in those letters?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was a threat. I don't know who might threaten them, but it seems like not everything is quiet."

"Yeah, but what does Edward have to do with it?"

"Well, he could probably know something... Didn't you notice Raquelle and Terrence were a little scared? As if they're afraid to leave home and accept visitors!"

"Do you wanna say that guy has to do with what's happening?"

"I don't know, friend, but I don't exclude it. Terrence did ask us to give him the letters when Edward would come here for the reason."

"What if he just wants to ask for advice and find out what he thinks about it? Terrence gets on well with his brother and completely trusts him."

"I dunno, Violetta..." Christiana sighs quietly. "But I wouldn't be surprised if that guy had his demons. Or I think up everything, and Mr. MacClife does really want to ask him for a piece of advice. Well... Or talk about his relationship... And the problems of it..."

"Yeah, about relationship problems! I heard they fought yesterday morning and then went on different sides for the whole day. But by the late evening, Raquelle and Terrence reconciled, acted as if nothing happened, and didn't think of the fight."

"Don't you notice they've lately fought very often?" Violetta asks, frowning slightly and leaning on the dressing table, on which there are only some brushes and packs of hair pins and elastic bands. "They could easily fight for little things... I hope these fights won't bring them to a wish to break up."

"I don't think it will happen," Christiana shakes her head. "Although those people fight, they calm down and reconcile later. They learned to stop in time and not to bring everything to a critical moment."

"I think the pieces of advice from their relatives were good to them," Violetta says with a slight smile, scratching the back of her head. "Raquelle's relatives definitely had a good talk with them and taught them what they should've known. I guess Terrence's mother added something and gave her pieces of advice."

"And I think they got a good lesson and try to do their best to live like truly loving people. They realized all of their mistakes, and they don't make them again. Well, at least, they're trying..."

"The important thing is that they don't fight now, when Terrence is worried about his band and probably has serious problems with Raquelle." Violetta slowly starts to walk in circles in the room. "You know, when they wanna shout at someone, they may have only each other near. And then they take it out on each other..."

"But they're holding on. They've got lots of problems, but every one of them supports each other. Raquelle is doing her best to give Terrence her support now, when he has so many problems with the band."