Chapter Three

Mason

As we get in the car, I notice her eyes quickly dart to my hands.

"You sure have a lot of tattoos." her eyebrows pointing to my hand covered in ink.

"Do you like a man covered in tattoos?" I give her a sly smile.

She shifts her tan legs toward me in the car and slides her seatbelt over and as she does, I see a peak of ink on her thigh as her sundress grazes over her leg.

"Maybe." She says, trying to stifle a smile.

It's a short ride as she lives so close to my sister's house. As we are about to enter her apartment, she unlocks the door and stops as she opens it.

"Oh my god." Her hands come up to her mouth as I walk inside pulling out my gun.

"Stay here." I motion for her to stay at the door while I walk through the entry, seeing her apartment completely trashed. I walk down the hall into the living area. Her sofa is torn, tv is smashed and everything that I'm assuming was once above her tv are now on the floor.

I check every room to find it empty. No one is here. They must have come to trash the place to send me a message. To threaten Lily.

"You can come in." I shout, putting my gun away.

Tears well up in her eyes as she takes everything in.

"Who could have done this?" Her hand falls to the counter in the kitchen, shattered glass completely covering it.

"We need to leave, now." I grab her wrist and start heading for the door.

She swiftly breaks my hold and moves back.

"No!" She yells. More at the disbelief of the unfolding events around her.

"Olive, we can't stay here, we need to go." I grab her wrist again and we head down to the car.

The car ride is quiet. We are heading North, where I have a house in a rural area a couple of hours drive from the city. Halfway through the drive, she breaks the silence.

"How long do you think we will be in danger for?" She looks over at me with her gorgeous doe eyes under long eyelashes.

"I'm not sure, I am hoping not more than a few days."

I look over at her hands in her lap picking at her nails. Clearly, she does this when she is nervous or anxious.

"What's the project?" I ask her, trying to get her to relax a little.

She looks up at the road "The project is for one of our biggest clients. Mr Gambretti. He owns a company that sells Vodka. We, your sister and I, were basically picked to run the entire marketing aspect for their next campaign".

She goes on to explain her role and my sister's role in the campaign approaching and I can tell she is passionate about what she does.

"So, what is it that you do?" she asks with a sarcastic smile.

"Trust me, you don't want to know." I smirk back.

She giggles as she winds down the window, the wind dancing through her hair, lifting the top of her dress a little, showing the top of her perfect breasts.

****

Once we arrive, I can see Sam's car in the long driveway. I park directly behind him, and we head up the stairs where there are two of my men waiting out the front.

I motion for them to get the bags from the car as I open the door into the large single story home Johnny had left for Sam and me.

When we walk in, I see Sam and Lily sitting watching Netflix and laughing together. I always had a feeling Sam had a thing for my sister, but I have never said anything about it because I want him to approach me first. So, I have always left it alone.

Olive and I walk into the living area as Lily stands and embraces Olive.

"Finally, you guys made it. Did you take the scenic route or something?" Lily jokes.

"Sam." I look over and nod for him to follow me into the office.

"What's the plan?" Sam asks, sitting across from me in an armchair.

"Well, we need to establish how much he knows and who he has told about my sister. Only then can we form a plan." My hands resting on the desk clench at the thought of that fuckwit.

"I'll get the guys to do some digging." He grabs his phone out of his pocket and starts dialling as he stands and walks out the door, leaving me there with my thoughts.

My thoughts drift back to the car ride with Olive. She is very attractive. My blood rushes at the thought of her long tan legs and the little bit of ink I managed to see on her thigh.

I wonder what the ink is? Does it cover her whole thigh? Does it go to her ass? I can feel myself straining against my jeans at the thought of her.