𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟓𝟎 { Ballerina In Disguise }

Start from the beginning

Glancing me over, Victorias expression suddenly becomes very amused as she goes to swipe the corner of my mouth with her thumb.

A single one of Victorias eyebrows raise dramatically. "Missed a spot?"

I cover my mouth, eyes wide, realizing the extent of her words. "Shit, I thought I got everything in the car." I pull my lips in and rub the crease once more. "Is it all gone?"

Vic shakes her head yes. "You and Zach seriously need to just jump each other's bones again already. I'm tired of the long heated stares across the room."

The fact that Vic was saying just that was a huge relief. Let's just say when she realized I had a sudden "glow" to my skin, I didn't hear the end of it for days.

My face turns a hot shade of pink. "Trust me, I want to but between court, his football games and finals coming up, we haven't been very intimate besides what just happened in the car." I sigh, deeply.

"So make time." Vic replies with a smirk. "How do you think me and Miles stay well connected? We were at his gym one time and he—

I quickly shake my head. "Nope, changing the subject. Where's your duet partner?" I ask, scanning the crowd of nervous dancers before me. I don't know why but being back here left an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Maybe because the energy reminded me so much of modeling.

"She ran to the bathroom, something about taking her meds." She answers then a lightbulb turns on in her head as she groans inwardly. "God, I hope she doesn't get sick on stage."

"Sick? As in stage fright, sick? I thought you said she was like Mistey Copeland excellent." The way Victoria talked about her dance partner you could have swore the two of them were the bestest of friends, which might have made me jealous at first but they've only known each other for a couple of weeks so they couldn't have been that close. Now that I think about it Victoria tended to call anyone her best friend even if they really weren't. I don't even know the girl's name.

Vic sighs. "Don't get me wrong, that girl can dance circles around me but she's inconsistent at times. I just hope that isn't today. We need to place if I want a seat at dinner tonight."

"Well, I know you are going to kill it and not to freak you out or anything, but Mrs. and Mr. Xu are sitting in the front row." I bite my lip before mumbling. "Lee, too."

"Of course they are." She mutters, taking a huge inhale through her teeth.

"And exhale." I complete the action with her, which seems to help calm her nerves. Vic releases the breath she was holding and begins cracking her neck from each side.

The loud applause coming from the audience indicates someone had just finished performing, causing both our heads to turn on a swivel. The velvet curtains come closing soon after. The host goes back on stage to entertain the crowd until the next person is situated to take their place.

"Don't worry about them. All you need to focus on is your routine and how amazing your gonna do and make sure to look in the audience. We'll be the loudest group cheering you on." I assure her as best as I can.

"We?" She questions, genuinely confused. Her eyes dart towards the closed curtains.

"Zach, Miles, Bria and I." I revealed the surprise, holding back a grin and her entire expression softens.

"Really? Oh my god Sage, this is going to be the first time Bria has seen me dance in person." Sweat layers Vic's forehead as she takes another deep breath.

"Are you nervous that a five year old is going to judge you?" I chuckle.

"Um yes. You should've seen her talk about Mickey Mouse's dancing last night. Miles couldn't stop laughing." She paces back and forth in a short line, it physically starts to make me dizzy. "I know this is out of character but this isn't just any child Sage. This is Miles daughter and—