𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟑𝟏 { Not So Secret Date }

"𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚛."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Are you fucking Zach?" Vic stalked up to me as I sipped my drink, which seemed to go down the wrong windpipe.

It was the middle of the day and I had finished two gen ed classes along with a paper I had due for the newspaper. Between our conflicting schedules Vic and I had finally found a set time good for us both to sit and catch up to talk about the crazy experiences every freshman in college seemed to go through their first semester. And well for me it came in the size of a hot tattooed football player.

As I walked down to the cafe, the smell of Mediterranean food filled my nostrils and my eyes followed the line until I noticed Izzy with her beats around her ears, sitting alone. Now we were here, three of us sitting at the round cafe table towards the very back of the congested dining hall. Although the two haven't met yet, their personalities were strikingly similar and I was certain they would get along.

"She totally is. Look at her face. It's been doing this weird upside down frowny thing for the past two days." Izzy laughs.

"Well would you look at that you're right..." Vic trailed off, finally turning to the other person sitting across from me.

"Isabella but you can call me Izzy." She replies with a bright smile. Izzy screamed friendly but she was in fact far from innocent like people portrayed her to be. And it looked like Vic had already caught on.

"Izzy," Vic pauses, inspecting the name like a foreign object in her mind. "I like that."

I calm down after my small coughing fit and give them both a look in which they both respond by shrugging their shoulders. That was weirdly in sync. Somehow I knew this dynamic of us three hanging together would work itself out.

"Well I'm glad to see you two bonding over my sex life." I say jokingly.

But I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth

"So you two have-" Vic gasped dramatically, holding her hands to her hanging jaw.

Izzy just stuffs another fry into her mouth as she looks between the two of us, enjoying where this was going.

"No!" I blurted out quick and fast. "Why would you even assume that?"

The thought of it even happening sends my mind to wild places. Although my first time was with some band kid who swore up and down to never tell a soul I was hardly experienced. Zach and I have only kissed all but twice. We were nowhere ready for that stage yet. Even my embarrassed expression and the curls cascading around my face can't hide my reddening cheeks.

"Well it's blatantly obvious that something happened. You came home the other night soaking wet in a hoodie that wasn't yours, you can't keep your head out of your phone lately and you just have this glow about you that I can't say I've seen it before."

"That's not true." I sputter, half confident in my words.

Of course Vic would be the one to read me like an open book and I didn't even have a chance to tell her a thing.

"What's not true," a deep alluring voice says from behind me.

I look down to my chair to see a firm grasp covered in tattoos and a crisp jacket blocking my way out. Chills run through me as we lock eyes even though his seemed to be blocked by a curtain of hair.