𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟒 { To New Friends }

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Hello, I'm Nora, welcome to Tristen's Tattoo Shop." The girl behind the counter finishes the french braid she was currently tackling and puts her full attention on us as soon as we walk through the double doors. "Are all three of you ladies being serviced today?"

"No, just us two." Vic replied, referring to her and Izzy.

Because Izzy and I are constantly together at Newspaper club she's been hanging out over at our dorm often late nights working on different projects Ms. Rayes has assigned to us. The three of us have bonded really well these last few weeks and I was liking the start to this new trio.

"Noor?! Who's next?" The raven haired girl who I'm assuming is Tristen appears from the back of the shop, sporting nothing but an acid washed vintage crop top, dark ripped jeans and a multipurpose apron with supplies sticking out from the pockets.

Pulling back the loose strands of hair behind her ear, I notice a blonde streak complementing the nape of her head. She stood on a pair of platform Doc Martens and with every movement the chunky chains hanging from her pants clink together.

"We have a group but only two of them are getting inked today." She replied, scribbling away in a notebook, then handing Tristen a blank receipt.

Tristen nods, opening the register before quickly counting the several twenty dollar bills to put away. Her movements are fast paced like she was on a tight schedule. I had assumed this place took walks in when Zach talked about how he came here on a regular basis.

"I'll be back in a couple weeks, Tris." A random guy coming out with a patch of plastic on his sleeve says, walking towards the door. In his hand is a clear bag I assume is full of aftercare products.

"You know where to find me Gus!" Tristen glances up with a smile as the door closes behind him, before turning to face the three of us. Her eyelids are covered in a bold eyeliner that accentuated her hazel eyes and deep red lipstick.

I don't think I've seen Vic blink since the moment she arrived. And obviously now I know why. There wasn't an empty space on her body, with her arms closely resembling an artist sketchbook and the overwhelming amount of piercings attached to her nose and ears. She was truly mesmerizing to look at. Her assistant can barely keep her eyes off her, looking away ever so often with tinted red ears to match her cheeks.

"I'm going to take them to the room. Make sure Fred doesn't leave without paying this month's tab." She orders seriously and Nora shakes her head with a firm understanding. "Girls, follow me." Tristen leads us to the back of her shop and I can't help but let my eyes wander across the exposed brick wall. There's sketches everywhere. The walls, her surprisingly well organized desk, the door and even an easel in the corner is occupied with bare canvases of multiple sizes.

"This is—" Izzy starts, not being able to put her thoughts into words.

"Wow." I finished for her, turning in a circle with my eyes wide and curious.

"Holy shit." Vic mumbles, standing still in the middle of the very large and open room. The windows reach the ceiling and touch the ground letting hues of natural light loom through the glass. There is a single tattoo reclining chair occupying the space and a wooden bench where I take a seat.