𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟑𝟕 { Milkshake For Two }

"𝙸𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"You really brought your textbooks with you?" Vic's eyes run over my tote bag that I struggled to carry through the double glass doors and stopped at the laptop glued to my side. In a matching sweatsuit, I trudged into the room and scanned the perimeter for a seat not in the way.

"With all these video meetings with lawyers and dad, I'm starting to fall behind in some of these classes. So yes I brought my textbook." My words come out a bit harsher than intended.

"Oh. I didn't realize."

"Please tell me you didn't forget." I sigh, cracking the book open to some random page so I could semi study as well as play the music for Vic's last couple of rehearsals.

I took a seat in the corner of the room where I wasn't visible in any of the two mirrors screwed to the front and back walls.

"Forget..." She drawls and my brows shoot up. Holding onto the ballet bar with her left hand, Vic motions her right foot in front for a rond de jambe. Her other hand takes its course through the air, creating one fluid movement.

"Midterms. You know the full week of back to back exams we have right before Thanksgiving break.."

Her eyes instantly go wide. "Shit."

"Victoria." I scold, using her full name.

Vic was hardly an all A student but she got by always doing the bare minimum. I always had to remind her about a test or paper due because of it. Though I hoped she wouldn't continue the same pattern in college I've been proven wrong because less than a minute ago she had no idea Midterm exams were approaching.

She stops one of her effortless turn sequences at the sound of my voice. "I know, I know. I'm going to study as soon as I get home."

"After you hand in your art pieces." I remind her.

She shuts her eyes for a long pause. "Right." Her frown deepens. " Art piece then study. I told Miles I could babysit tomorrow so maybe I could get a few rehearsals afterwards if time permits. I'll just stay over at his place so Bria already has everything she needs."

I purse my lips and tilt my head. "And I'm jesus."

"Very not funny." Vic rolls her eyes at my sarcasm.

"You're stretching yourself too thin. I know you promised you'd help Miles out but you need to rest too if you want to give your best at the showcase and the art exhibit. Unless you finally stand up to your parents."

"You know I can't do that. Not now at least. I already devoted so much time and practice to this competition. My duet partner would literally be stuck with no one."

"Then make this your last competition. You saw how I ended up when I continued modeling even after I had no more passion for it. I just don't want the same thing to happen to you." I explain.

With convinced eyes she nodded. "I hate that you're always right. I don't know what I'm going to tell him."

"It's Miles, I'm sure he'll understand."