𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟐𝟗 { Burning For You }

"𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗."
  ~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Rain

It falls endlessly, from the clouds above serving as the fruit of nature we humans can't help but take for granted. It pounded windows, fed our greenery, danced for seconds on our skin and created rainbows afterwards for us to admire.

Our new beginnings start with the rain we never want to fall.

The series of splashes from car tires passing over newly formed puddles, followed by a roar of thunder lighting the night sky disrupts my slumber. I twist and attempt to turn when my forehead collides with something rock hard.

"Sagie," a tiny voice I recognize as Bria speaks near my ear. My eyes flutter open, just in time to see a short shadow looming over me, then slowly close again due to my tired state and comfortable position. I don't remember falling asleep nor do I remember smelling like aftershave and cologne. Weird.

"S-Sagie." The voice trembles this time, fully awakening me.

"I'm up Bri, don't worry." I say as she nods while hugging her stuffed bunny at her side. Even in the dark I can tell she's upset or maybe just cranky that her dad still wasn't back.

I blink twice adjusting to the light of the TV beaming in my direction while squinting in the process. The time only reads 10:17pm meaning we still had some time before the lovebirds would be back.

My hair, now fully dried, is in its frizzy state for me to tame yet again. This was not supposed to be my wash day but as soon as I saw the come over message all common sense left my body, causing me to dress inaccurately for the weather.

Once fully aware of my surroundings I try to move.

Key word, try.

A firm grip is neatly wrapped around my waist holding me back from the edge of the sofa I was— we were laying on. I look down to see the hands covered in familiar ink and my heart almost leaps out of my chest at the sight.

Calm your tits Sage, you guys are just friends.

Is what I tell myself every second we're together. It's becoming exhausting trying to deny it to myself, to Vic... to him.

I hear a slight mumble resembling the words no and stay leave Zachs lips as he frowns in his sleep before I turn back around with a face probably beet red as a tomato.

"Why are you and Uncle Rhia sleeping together?" Bria questions loudly, making me cringe at her choice of words.

"No sweetie, we aren't s-sleeping together—I mean we are but-" I sigh deeply wondering why I was trying to explain myself to a child.

"Let's just go back to your room and we can play with every barbie you own," I say with an enthusiastic whisper.

"Without me? I'm hurt." A hoarse, deep voice lets out completely, catching me off guard. It's a perfect mixture of a morning voice laced with a raspiness that has me thinking things I definitely shouldn't. His tired eyes met mine for the first time and he looked at me like there was something in me worth looking at.