𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟓 { The Cover }

Warning: Chapter will contain sexual content recommended for ages 17+

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"The doctor says you have to take it easy." I scold Zach as he's in the middle of putting his shirt on, the cotton material not over his shoulder as of yet.

"The teams physical trainer doesn't know what he's talking about." He grunts, intaking a sharp breath when my cool fingers brush up against his bare chest as I go to help him roll down the rest of the V-neck. "Besides this happened like what...four days ago."

"Yeah because he didn't go to school for this type of thing." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes. "And it was less than 72 hours ago."  I hoist myself on top of the bathroom counter while he frustratedly runs his fingers through his hair, tackling the curled strands.

I take note of his banded ankle thinking how much worse that night could've gone and Zach seems to read my worried expression as he hauls himself closer in between my dangling legs.

"I'm fine, Sage."

"I know." A heavy exhale leaves my lips. "But what if you weren't?"

I frown remembering the last two days, where I would wake up to him just staring at the ceiling or him randomly facetiming the guys at practice, wishing he could be there. For someone who lives and breathes football, this was more than a minor setback.

"But I am." He confirms, palming my thighs. I drag my hands to meet his and neither of us hesitate to intertwine them for comfort. "Still, I like that you worry."

My brows snap together in confusion. I search his eyes and a landslide of emotion lives behind them, like he was remembering a similar situation that had happened not too long ago.

"No one ever does."

My heart physically hurts.

"Unfortunately, I think I have a lifetime of worrying ahead of me." I try my best to lighten the mood.

Zach looked to the side then back at me with dilated pupils and crimson ears. "You do?"

I love you idiot. Of course I do.

I curl into his touch, nodding. The gentle graze of Zach thumbing my chin makes putty out of me. Instead of using my words, I lean forward, and join our mouths. The action left me completely and utterly breathless. Zach steadys my restless head with the palm of his hand as we continue to show each other how badly we missed this and without thinking I slide two fingers into the waistband of his sweats. An immediate groan leaves his lips, causing our tongues to finally connect.

Zach trails his lips down my jaw and back up to my mouth before I can stop whatever road we were heading down.

"We have," I begin, but my brain short circuits—"to stop,"— Zach captures my lips silencing me—"or, ooh, umm," His hand guides my own lower to where I feel how bad he wants this—"mhmm, but our guest." This snaps us both back into reality and we finally pull apart, out of breath, foreheads joined together.

I touch my swollen lips, fighting back a guilty smile, before hopping off the counter. "Umm, I'll leave you...to get rid of that." I reluctantly look down to where the strained bulge in his pants peek through.