Season 3: Twisted and Deliciously Evil

Couple of years when Maleficent was in coma, my mother died of an accident.  Everything went down to hell coaster, I had this feeling of anger to myself, of not being able to do much more. My life was manipulated by someone else ever since I was born. Normal life? What's that?

At the funeral of my mother, I was introduced to a lot people. One person caught my attention as she was looking exactly like me but with black hair. I went to her and stood there like I was standing in front of the mirror. 

"Queen Aurora," she said, "I am Kiria, Duchess of Galewell. My condolences, I've known your mother way back."

"Thank you, Duchess. This might be weird but why do we look alike?"

"Oh, right. We're cousins, your mother, Queen Leah is my aunt. I've only met you when you were a baby that day on your christening."

"Oh..." I bet she's seen how I was cursed.

"How's all those curse going?"

"What?"

"You know what I mean."

"Well, it was lifted when I was kissed..."

"No way, that was real!?"

"Oh yeah," just not by the person everybody thinks. 

"Hmm, I hate to break it to you but it's your mother's funeral but I've never seen you sad though. I always knew your gifts were a curse too. My mother said it's not wise to involve the enchanted beings on a child's life let alone the fairies."

You see...that hit me so hard that it brought a whole new pain in my heart that my eyes watered and my mouth smiled on its own accord. As if me feeling pain is not allowed to show on my face. I was speechless and realized how she was right about it. I've always known it was a curse. She didn't have to pull that card on my face. The truth hurts okay. I just didn't know someone would actually understand how I feel. 

"You know you're not crazy for being that way, Aurora." she said.

"It was nice meeting you, Duchess Kiria." I replied. "I wish to speak to you soon some other time."

"Anytime." She smiled.

***

After banishing my aunts, I went to the Kingdom of Galewell to meet with Duchess Kiria. She was my long lost cousin from my mother's side. She showed me around her kingdom. I was getting more comfortable with her, little by little. 

She was fun, brutally honest and she feels so new to me. When I was with her I felt like my life was finally on a fresh start. I was able to open up to her with things I could never tell to anyone. We talked all night about our lives. Well, mostly mine but she was there to listen all the way. 

We were laying down on her bed just hanging out, no alcohol, just high from sweets. Damn her kingdom's dessert is a game changer. I'm definitely exporting these creamed cookies. I'm actually officially here for economic reasons. Yeah right.

"You know Maleficent once told me that when I was under the sleeping spell, Philip almost raped me when he couldn't wake me up. And that wasn't the only time he was quite aggressive to me, there was that time too when we were attacked by tsanaks."

"I've known Prince Philip for quite awhile, he was a regular at my Kingdom's brothel. That horny bastard. Why did you marry him though???"

"To get rid of my outrageous marriage proposals."

"Hmmm, you can't blame them... You're rich, gorgeous, and on top of that you are kind."
 She said though as softly as the wind and stared sincerely to my eyes, "Any king would want their son for you, Aurora."  

Shit.

My heart stopped pounding for a second right there. I had to forcibly open my mouth to gasp some air, my chest felt tight hearing her words and looking at her was almost dangerously lovely.

"You okay?" she said.

"Y-yeah, I just feel really weird. This is the first time I'm actually hanging out with a girl friend and it's nice how I don't have to worry about dealing with horny people trying to get into my dress all the time when all I ever wanted was to talk. You know?"

"Hahaha! You got me worried for a bit there. Thank you, I know my company is high class."

"I'm really glad we met, Kiria."

"Me too, Aurora. Let's call it a night. I'll take you you home tomorrow."

"Thank you," I stood up and looked at her one last time. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." she replied.

****

"Fuck! Fuck it Aurora, why do you always feel so attached to people showing you kindness!? And now the heart stopping breath!? She literally just told you what everybody has been telling you all the time, that you are pretty. What difference does it make?" I said to myself.

I cursed myself on the way to my room. She's literally me but with black hair. Only she's more daring and badass...and ro...erm, friendly... I can't help but think about us holding hands, out in public just being us, making fun on each other. It was really nice of her to show me around. 

Let's not throw this friendship down the drain, Aurora... I reminded myself that. I finally found a new ray of sunshine. And tomorrow I'm leaving her kingdom to get back to my own.