Chapter 31

It was now 10am and everyone was enjoying the beach for a day of swimming, picnic and fun.

Brian, John and Roger were already splashing around in the waves of the crystal waters while yourself, Chrissy, Veronica, Jo and Freddie were all sunbathing on your towels, enjoying the warmth of the bright sun and the soft sand beneath.

The heat of the sun was starting to make you overly hot, you decided to go swimming once you had gotten something sweet to eat. You looked around the boardwalk across the beach where all food trucks were parked. You spotted a coral pink painted truck with a large ice cream logo on both sides, that was the perfect hot day sweet.

You stood up and brushed the bits of sand off your thighs before turning to the direction of the ice cream truck, "You guy's want an ice cream? I'm getting myself one" You asked.

"Yes please darling, one for all of us, and the boys" Freddie answered with a grateful smile.

"I'll help you" Jo volunteered quickly standing up and came to your side.

"We'll be back soon, tell those three to come back when we return or else their ice creams will melt" You said before making your way over to the ice cream truck.

"So, how are things with you and Roger?" Jo asked.

You looked at her surprised at the question before fumbling to answer, "We're good" was all you could say, you felt it was wrong to talk about your relationship with her ex boyfriend.

"Just good? come on don't be boring, I wouldn't ask if I didn't care, tell me" Jo urged with a reassuring grin.

You grabbed your arm with an unsure expression, "It doesn't feel right right to talk about this with you" You said apologetically.

Your statement made Jo grin humorously, "You know the reason Roger and I fought so much was because of you, he was in love with you way before I came into the picture, so if anyone should feel bad it's me not you" She assured, giving your shoulder a squeeze before stopping in front of the ice cream truck and ordering everyone's ice cream.

Although Jo's intention was to make you feel better, it seemed to only make you feel more guilty, you remained silent as you took the plastic ice cream holder, filled with everyone's ice creams.

The walk back to the group was dead silent and the tension between Jo and yourself felt intense to say the least.

"Finally darling!" Freddie exclaimed as you sat back down on your towel before handing Freddie, Chrissy, Veronica and Jo their ice creams, Brian, Roger and John soon joined the group to take their ice cream as well.

"Thank's beautiful" Roger said as he took his ice cream from your hand and sat down on the sand.

You finished handing out everyone's ice cream's, taking the empty holder over to the bin before coming back to the group.

"Thank you Y/N" Everyone said in unison with happy smiles.

You chuckled, "That's alright guy's, it was Jo as well" You said, reciprocating the smile.

"Thanks Jo" Everyone added.

Roger leaned forward and reached one arm up to wrap it around your waist before pulling you down into his lap and gave you a kiss on the cheek, "You look terrific in your bathing suit" he whispered as he placed gentle kisses along your neck.

"Roger not in public" You said with a giggle.

Roger frowned, "Does my affection embarrass you?" he complained sarcastically.

"Only in public you goon" You retorted equally as sarcastic, nudging him in the ribs with your elbow playfully.

Roger smirked at your comment, he placed his hands on your hips and quickly flipped you, placing you swiftly onto your back against the sand as he hovered over you, his gold necklace dangling just above your face, "Does it embarrass you now?" He asked before leaning down, connecting his lips with yours in a soft yet hungry kiss.

"Wooooo!" Veronica and Chrissy cheered, clapping their hands as they did.

"Not while I'm eating my ice cream guy's!" Brian complained as he picked a handful of sand up and threw it at Roger.

You were so indulged in Roger's kiss that you didn't even notice his stunt had made you drop your ice cream. You pulled your lips away from Roger and pouted, "Rog you made me drop my ice cream!" You said, crossing your arms displeased.

"I'll buy you all the ice cream in the world if you want it" Roger replied before once again leaning down, this time trailing kisses along your jawline.

"Roger that's enough wait till we get back to the hotel" You said gently pushing him off you.

His face lit up excitedly, "Back at the hotel?" He asked with a smirk.

You nodded, "But for now, come swim with me" you ordered before standing up and dragging him up with you.

"Don't drown darling's" Freddie joked.

You rolled your eyes before tugging Roger's hand, jogging down the beach with him behind you before diving into the crashing waves of the crystal waters.

You swam under the wave, popping up on the other side, Roger had done the same and stood up, the water reaching just below his shoulders. You went to stand up as well, but sunk as your feet missed the sea floor, it was too deep for you. Roger noticed this and with a smirk he pulled you into him, allowing you to wrap your legs around his waist as he put his arms under your thighs to hold you up so you could sit comfortably without sinking.

You stared into his soft blue eyes with a gentle grin, he was doing the same. You were so caught up in the moment that you subconsciously began leaning forward, your arms draped around his neck as you pulled him closer into your lips, but just as they connected, a wave crashed onto the ocean surface, creating a strong force that knocked you both over and under the water.

You swam up to the surface, popping your head out of the water before spitting out the salty water that had gotten into your mouth. Roger popped up a couple seconds after you, his long blonde hair was sitting messily over his face, making you chuckle as he squirmed to push it out of his way before paddling over to you.

"I think that was the universe telling us something" You said as you pulled yourself into Roger again.

He chuckled, "You aren't suggesting that wave interrupted us on purpose" Roger accused jokingly with a shocked gasp.

"I'm just saying, you know, we can't ignore the universe" You replied innocently.

Roger had a sarcastic perplexed expression on his face, "I can't believe you just said that!" He complained before pushing you off him and bobbing your head under the water.

You kicked against his hold to get your head back above the surface. You gasped once you finally had air and Roger was laughing hysterically, making you frown.

"The universe is telling me something else, something to do with the hotel" Roger smirked before gesturing to his swim trunks.

You slapped his arm, "Rog! ew!".

He threw up his hand's innocently, "What? it's not me, it's the universe, and we can't ignore the universe" He teased, quoting your words before pulling you into him so you climb on his back before making his way through the water, carrying you back to the shore where you sprinted back up the beach to the group.

Yourself and Roger scrambled for your towels, wrapping them round yourselves before taking off back towards the hotel.

"Where are you two off to?" Freddie mused with a knowing grin.

"Later Fred!" You called back excitedly as you ran hand in hand with Roger.