Chapter 17

The next morning you were completely silent, unable to completely comprehend what had happened last night. Freddie, Brian and John had also been informed of Jo earlier this morning, making them grow increasingly worried as your silence lingered on.

Jo hadn't left like you expected, in fact, she was giggling on the couch with Roger as they flicked through the television channels while you sat silently at the dining table, a bourbon in one hand, a book in the other, while Freddie, Brian and John were all in the kitchen, attempting to bake a red velvet cake, that you predicted would come out burnt, though you enjoyed their enthusiasm as they followed the cook book recipe.

You were suddenly interrupted from your reading when a slim figure slid into the chair next to you, peering over your shoulder to get a look at your book you were reading. It was Jo.

"So, you enjoy reading?" She asked in a polite tone.

You snapped your book shut and set it down on the table before turning to face her, "From time to time, you?".

She shook her head, "I prefer watching it on a screen, I get bored if I sit still for to long".

"Well I guess you and Roger are perfect for each other then" You said with an awkward chuckle, paired with an even awkwarder expression.

She didn't notice though, much to your favour, "You can say that again! What about you? Anyone you're seeing?" She asked with a curious eye.

This time you were the one shaking your head, "Unfortunately not".

She frowned in pity, "Why not?".

You huffed, hardly enjoying this small talk you were engaged in, "Its complicated".

"Aren't they always?" She chuckled.

"Guess you could say that" you shrugged awkwardly.

This time she noticed your discomfort and decided to leave the table and return to Roger who was still flicking through the television. You gave a low sigh of relief as she finally left, would she be hanging around all the time now? Would you be forced to sit and watch their romance unfold every single day, right in front of your eyes? You weren't sure if you would be able to cope, it might just be to much for you, guess it'll be figured out eventually.

You lifted the bourbon to your lips, taking a quick sip before setting it back down and returned to your book.

"Don't you think it's to early to be drinking something that strong?" John asked from the kitchen.

You shrugged, "Seems fine to me".

John frowned, "Its probably best if you slow down, we can't have our assistant manager off her face" he teased, though you could tell his words were dead serious.

You groaned in defeat, "Fine, but let me finish this".

"Since when do you enjoy drinking anyway? It usually takes me ages to convince you to have even a Heineken" Freddie mused as he pulled the mittens off his hands.

You didn't reply to his comment, instead you quickly downed the rest of your drink, the bourbon burned your throat as it went down. Once the cup was completely empty you pushed yourself up from the table and made your way into the kitchen to rinse off your glass.

Brian and John both had concerned expressions as you made your way over to the sink.

"Something wrong?" You questioned, glancing at John and Brian as you cleaned your glass.

Brian and John gave each other looks of confirmation before Brian cleared his throat to speak, "Are you alright Y/N? you know.." He said, referring to Roger and Jo.

You finished drying off your glass and placed it back in the cupboard before turning back to answer Brian. You frowned as you met his eyes, they were filled with concern and worry, "I'll be okay, thanks guys" You assured with a half smile.

"Darling, you don't need to act in front of us, it'll only blow up in your face" Freddie added as he fiddled with the oven to bake the cake.

Tears started to well in your eyes, making Brian fumble before pulling you into a soft hug in an attempt to make you feel better. "I know, it sucks.. but don't let them bring you down" Brian whispered, his long curls ticking your nose as he held you in his arms.

Freddie and John quickly came to your side as well, joining in with the group hug, you allowed a small chuckle to escape from your lips, grateful that you had them by your side.

They pulled away after a few seconds with sweet smiles, "You're still young Y/N, we all are, let's just live our lives and go crazy, love can wait, after all, we're Rock stars for god sake!" John exclaimed.

Freddie and Brian nodded their head in agreement, making a large smile curl on your lips.

"That's the beautiful smile we love seeing, I want to see that smile everyday, okay?" Freddie ordered playfully.

You nodded.

"Tell you what, let's go out tonight, let's get wild, have some fun" Freddie offered excitedly.

"Sounds good to me" Brian concurred.

"Me too" John added with a grin.

"Looks like you're out numbered Y/N, we're going out tonight!" Freddie exclaimed, thrusting his fist in the air excitedly.

....

It was now the evening, the day had passed by deathly slow, you spent most of it in your room reading your book, you couldn't stand looking at Jo and Roger cuddled up on the couch together, it only made your heart sting. Right now, you were putting the last of your makeup on for your night out with the boys.

"Y/N, we're leaving in five" John said as he peeked his head into your room, his eyes squeezed shut in case you weren't clothed.

You chuckled, "It's fine John, you can open your eyes".

He grinned as he opened his eyes, setting them on you with a kind expression, "You look great, see you in a bit" He complimented before disappearing into the hallway again.

You finished packing up your makeup before standing up and headed out of your room with an excited grin.

Brian, John and Freddie were all sitting waiting on the couch. Their eyes all set on you as you appeared in the living room, they had large smiles on their face.

"You look exquisite darling" Freddie complimented as he stood up.

"You look beautiful" Brian added as he followed after Freddie.

"Where you lot off to?" Roger asked as he emerged from his room, with Jo close behind him, with a towel wrapped across her bare body, looking as if she was about to shower.

"Partying tonight darling" Freddie answered.

Roger raised an eyebrow questioningly, "Didn't invite me?".

You stood their awkwardly, not being able to meet eyes with him, luckily Freddie was there and was able to answer Roger.

"Pardon my manners Rog, would you like to come?" Freddie asked cheekily.

Roger rolled his eyes with a chuckle, "I'm only taking the piss, nah I'm just about to shower" He explained with a smirk before turning back to Jo, who had an excited expression on her face as she licked her lips.

"Thought as much" Freddie teased before gesturing for you to take his hand, which you did swiftly, wanting to badly to just get out of there.

"Have fun" Roger called as you and the boys were making your way out of the room.

"And you" Freddie called back before disappearing out of the hotel room, with you linked to his arm.