Chapter 18

The pub was booming, a student band was currently playing, it reminded you of Smile, when you and Freddie use to watch Brian and Roger play in their early days, back when they still thought they'd never make, when Brian was an astrophysicist, and Roger was going to be a Dentist, it made you nostalgic.

"Drinks!" Freddie exclaimed as he dragged you with him towards the bar, with Brian and John following closely behind.

The bartender raised his eyebrow as you, Freddie, Brian and John all stopped in front of the bar, with wide grins. "Feel like I recognise you three" The bartender said pointedly as he placed four glasses on the bench to await our order.

Freddie chuckled, "Well that's because we're Rock stars darling".

The bartender scoffed,"Right, and I'm Elton John" He clearly didn't believe Freddie.

Freddie shrugged, "In any case, we'll have four Tequila Sunrises to start off".

The bartender nodded as he begun whipping up your drinks, at astonishing speed if I may add.

You waited a couple minutes before the bartender had all your drinks ready and slid them toward the four of you with a nod.

"Thank you" You said as you handed him the cash.

Freddie, Brian and John gave you surprised looks as you payed for their drinks. "No darling, you aren't paying, I won't allow it" Freddie interjected.

"I wan't to pay, please" You assured, taking a quick sip of your drink.

"You sure?" John asked with a expression of worry.

You smiled in assurance, "Of course, now, let's go" Taking Brian and John's hands you led them out onto the dance floor, Freddie was following closely behind with an exuberant grin.

The dance floor was quite crowded, but you didn't care, it was much better then being cooped up in that hotel room with Roger and Jo, though you did have to admit, you missed Roger being here.

You began dancing to the music playing, taking Brian's hand as you went, he grinned, giving your hand a squeeze before twirling you around and then back to him. You smiled the largest smile as John and Freddie began dancing too.

Brian gave you a nod before twirling you again and then passing you over to John, who caught you in his arms, intertwining his fingers with your's as the two of you danced.

Freddie had busied himself, dancing with a blonde woman who had offered a dance with him, which he politely accepted.

You were having an amazing time, so much so that your mind was completely taken off Roger and Jo. Freddie was correct once again, tonight was exactly what you needed, to take the edge off and go wild for once, to let responsibilities slip away only if for one night, one night of complete fun and bliss.

After a few more minutes the music began to die down, indicating the band was finished their segment and a new band would begin their music in about 20 minutes.

"Feeling better?"John asked as he released his hand from yours, allowing you to step back and catch your breathe.

You nodded exuberantly, "Definitely, you never told me you were such a good dancer".

John chuckled, "I wouldn't say that".

"Don't be so modest, you were fantastic!" You exclaimed, putting a hand on his shoulder convincingly.

John ran a hand through his long hair with a smile, "And you too" He said.

Freddie and Brian finally made their way back to you and John, with more drinks held in their hands, this time they were Pina Colada's. You gladly took one from Freddie with a grateful smile and took a sip to refresh you.