Chapter 13

You fiddled with your necklace, opening and closing the heart locket that hung at the end of the chain. You constantly admired the gift Roger had given you, more then any other gift you had ever received. You were left alone for the day, as the boys had a business meeting with John Reid, which surprisingly enough, you weren't required to attend. In all honestly there wasn't much that came with being the assistant manager, all you really did was deal with emails that John Reid didn't have time to read through himself, but this was rare, really it seemed like assistant manager was just a title to give you a valid reason to travel the world with the band for free. Of course, you didn't mind, but you did become bored when you were left behind at the hotel on occasions.

You shifted on the couch to get more comfortable before picking up your notebook and pen. You often wrote down your journey with your band in your book, updating it each week with new stories to tell. However this time was different, there wasn't much to write about, aside from the production of BohRap, but you had already wrote about that the previous day. Nothing interesting had happened as of lately, no new places visited, no new cuisine tried out, no new moments with Roger, that's what you were really longing for, to write more updates about your progress with Roger, which by the way, didn't seem like it was going anywhere, he never seemed interested in you romantically.

You closed your notebook with a sigh as you thought up what you could do. The phone rang, snapping you out of your thoughts, it was your mothers number, relieved to hear from her, you picked up the phone with a large smile.

"Hi Mum" You greeted.

"Hi honey, how are you?" She replied.

"I'm great mum, just at the hotel right now, how about you?".

"I'm good, we miss you, how's band life?" She asked, you could practically feel the smile curled on her lips.

"It's good, I'm really enjoying it" You exclaimed.

"Have you met anyone.. you know" Your mother questioned excitedly.

You could only but chuckle at her before speaking, "Well..No, no there's no one".

"Oh my god there is! who is it??" She demanded exuberantly.

"Mum please, there's no one" You assured half heartedly.

"Don't you lie to me Y/N, it's the handsome blonde boy isn't it?" She guessed, with remarkable accuracy if you might add.

"What? how did you know?!" You were now the one demanding, your mouth agape as you did so.

"Mother's always know, so tell me, have you two kissed yet?!" She questioned with a delighted tone.

"Mum! okay that's enough thank's, I love you bye bye" You replied, pulling the phone away from your ear.

"Oh wait!-" She said, being cut off as you placed the phone back down.

....

"Honey I'm home!" Freddie called from the doorway.

"In the kitchen" You called back.

You were currently finishing off making dinner for the band, who you were sure would be starving from their day. You then turned and opened the cupboard where you pulled out four bowls, you piled them on top of each other before balancing them over to the bench, where you set them down in a row.

"Something smells lovely" Brian commented as he made his way round the corner of the kitchen door frame while the rest of the band flopped onto the couch. 

"Chicken Katsu, I saw someone on the television cooking it, thought I'd give it a try" You replied, giving Brian a warm smile as he came to stand behind you and peer over your shoulder, his long brown curls ticking your ear as he did so.