13 & || Only You Can

|| 13.4 ||

Outraged at feeling the cool sheets under her legs, Mohana frowned at the man of her dreams in utter disappointment. Her chest heaved at his neglect and nearing on a sob, she emphatically declared "Ya..h!"

Swiping a hand over his eyes, Omar rushed to offer "I'll take care of you. I can't. I won't ever. the whole hurt thing. We'll talk in a few hours. I'll wait. If you want me to go, I can, but I have to stay here because I can't li.. basically I mean. I can't live anywhere else. The couch? I'll take the couch"

Mohana rapidly blinked glassy eyes seeing Omar take steps away creating further distance between them. Attempting to grapple the cause of his withdrawal, she doubtfully inspected the article of clothing on herself which felt equally rough too. Bunching the black tshirt in a weak fist, she enquired in a troubled whisper "Because of this?"

His feet halted, glancing at the unwell woman, the glow on her face from only a while ago seemed to have completely vanished. Flexing his hands agitatedly, Omar shoved them in the back pockets of his jeans claiming "Yeah because of this. Exactly. This is my room"

A shuddering tremble shook Mohana. The server Peggy's claim from the beach photo shoot circled venomously, clawing at her insides: '..I will do anything for you! I am going to open it when we go to the room anyways!..'

Waves of frigid darkness made her lower lip quiver, her heart lurched, breathing nearly coming to a standstill. Longingly looking at the tall handsome figure, she clutched harder onto her tshirt, forming one word "Peggy?"

Omar frowned seeing Mohana turn entirely pale. Clenching a fist he urgently traced his steps towards the bed, demanding "Peggy? What did she say? Has she troubled you?"

Her chest heaved with distress hearing him repeat that name aloud. A sob threatened to escape but biting hard on her lower lip, terribly rattled, Mohana shook her head, throwing the covers over herself, she balled under the layers to completely hide her shivering body. Her frosty heart refused to let her breathe, but pursing lips together, she shut her eyes close, hugging desperately onto the pink throw.

Looking at her curl under the blankets, Omar ran a frantic hand over his sculpted chest, banging a fist right on his heart, he tentatively approached the bed. Slightly lifting the coverlet, he deeply frowned at her severely tormented form, visibly shaking under the covers.

"Mo stór, m'anam, tell me what's bothering you" his rich velvety voice caring yet commanding, in turn made her shriveled heart feel protected to strive for another beat

Clenching onto the plush pink throw, her eyes shot open to glance at his dark orbs that still held no speck of her desirous sparkle, her resolve fearfully crumbling at the fury blazing through him and on a swallow of a much needed breath, she stated a broken string of words "She. opened it? in. this room?"

A lone salty drop that had been kept restrained finally escaped her huge silver eyes, another following right behind. Frantically stroking the tears, Omar growled feeling her icy cheeks "We can't do this. I can't see you suffering like this. I won't have you going through this for anyone. We are together in our room, in our airplane, that's what we agreed on. Peggy can never come here, she won't dare do anything to you"

Halting his fingers from leaving whisper caresses on her cheeks, Mohana clasped his large hand with both hers, possessively hugging his forearm to her chest. Moving her cold face to rest on his palm, she needily embraced what belonged to her while curbing on a sob, she furiously established the blame "You did. You let her open. in this room"

Cupping her face, Omar stroked off another teardrop at the verge of rolling, cajoling tenderly "M'anam, we can't waste our tears for anyone. You and I, we are together. This is our room. We were together at the beach for the cover shoot, then we flew in our airplane and we shared our honeymoon suite. Will I let anyone bother you?"