Chapter 17: Disclosed

Jin's POV

I was nervous standing in the middle of Hae-rin's brothers. We huddled just outside her room and all were staring down at me. I already met them years ago. We got along just fine except for Hae-rin's eldest brother who was just like their father. He looked like he was ready to pounce on me.

"Jin, to tell you honestly, we're all disappointed on what happened to Hae-rin." Hajoon-hyung started. I bit my lip and looked down. "Father was furious he was ready to fly Hae-rin out to Manila without you."

I looked up to see each of their expressions.

"But we know it's better for her to recover here that's why he agreed to let things be. But you know him, he will pursue the charges." Haru-hyung said.

"I, myself, want to see that the one who did this to Hae-rin be punished. I really am sorry that this happened. I never saw this coming." I said quietly.

"There's nothing we can do about it. But we don't want this to happen again. Hae-rin is the princess of the family. We want her be happy & free but we want her to be safe. If she decided to be with you despite the situation, we will support her. But don't expect us to stand on the side if she gets hurt again." Haein-hyung said looking straight in my eye. I gulped and nodded. 

"Hae-rin's safety & happiness is my number one priority, hyungs. I'd love to think it's fate that has brought us together and I will do anything in my power to keep her loved. She's your princess but she's my queen." I answered, looking them each in the eyes to express my sincerity.

"We'd count on you. She's your responsibility now. Father may have different opinion but we'd always have Hae-rin's back." Haein-hyung  tapped shoulder.

"I won't fail you this time, hyungs." I firmly stated. They all shook my hands after.

------

Hae-rin's POV

When my brothers and Jin returned, the tension was already lifted. They looked like 4 boys having fun, teasing each other. My heart warmed up at the sight. Not long after, my brothers had announced that they had to go. They got Jin's number and promised to see each other when all is well. I shook my head and said goodbye to them.

Jin said his goodbyes and showed them the door. Once they were out, I sighed and tried to adjust my position. I can't bear not doing anything. 

"Hi, love. How are you feeling?" He asked as soon as he went beside my bed. "Do you need anything? Are you hungry?"

"I want to stand up and walk around." I said, trying to get up. Jin quickly held me in my place.

"I'm not sure if you're allowed, love. Let's take it easy, okay? I'll ask your doctor tomorrow." I scowled but nodded. 

"What did you talk about?" I asked after he kissed my forehead.

"Boys stuff." He winked at me. 

"Did they threaten you or anything?"

"I think that's pretty normal. I would do the same if I have a sister like you." 

"Don't take it seriously. They're just protective of me." 

"I know. And you're lucky to have them, looking out for you." He smiled.

"Yeah, but they can be annoying sometimes." We both chuckled. 

Our heads turned to the door when we heard it opened. Miromi went inside with the cake box in her one hand.

"I'll just drop this one and I'm off. Call me if you need anything, alright? I just need to attend a meeting!" She said while putting the box inside the refrigerator. She waved her hand at us and quickly went out of the room.