Chapter 9: Turmoil

Hae-rin's POV

I just got back to the hotel. My brother is really something. He didn't even let me take a nap after  I got here. 

He asked me to accompany him in meeting our investors for our recent project. Our company was awarded the bidding of a new cultural building here. He wanted me to observe and learn more about negotiations on big projects such as this. 

What saved me was dinner. He didn't mention he brought his family. I'm happy to see my sister-in-law and nieces, who are already 8 and 9 years old and super into fashion. We agreed to meet tomorrow to do some shopping. I'm excited!

----

I spent 2 more days with my brother & his family. We did business in the morning and I spent my time with my nieces in the afternoon. Going here was definitely refreshing. Spending time with my family always heals me. 

Seokjin kept me entertained, too, with his flirty chats. We videocall, too, before we sleep even if it's Jin had to sleep so late. 

I wonder what I'm doing with him. I let him be & to be honest, it feels good to be experiencing this again with him. I admit that I missed him. Looking back, my life had been monotonous. Having him back in my life brought the colors back. But even if I feel this way, fear always resurfaces from time to time. 

Can I do this? Can I be with him again? Knowing that his world isn't kind for someone like me?  

I know that their fans will come running after me once they know about me. Am I ready to face them? Am I ready to change my life for Seokjin? 

We did that before but we had to part ways eventually. Will that happen again? 

------

Saturday came and my plane just landed. I said my goodbyes to my nieces in Dubai where they will ride a plane going to Paris for their vacation. I slightly envy those girls. They're living the life. 

I just picked up my luggage when Jin called. 

"I'm here out front. But you have to walk a little bit far from the exit. There were too many people outside." He informed.

"That's cool. I understand. I'm heading out." 

I let him fetch me. It's risky, we know, but I have to try if I will decide to do this right? Plus, I actually missed the guy. 

I saw his car right away. I was almost near when he went out to get the luggage from me. He's wearing a cap & mask.

"Hi, love!" He hugged me. 

"Hello..." I hugged him back. "Let's go inside the car, quickly. Someone might recognize you."

"Let me put this in the trunk. Get inside already."

I did what I was told and waited for him to get inside. He removed his cap & mask and reached for me. He hugged me tight then kissed me on the lips. 

"Yah, Seokjin!" I protested.

"I'm sorry, love. I just missed you terribly." He smiled sheepishly. "I would have done more but..." 

"Kim Seokjin!" I hissed. He just chuckled before starting the car.

We were chatting on our way to my apartment. He never runs out of stories. I also shared with him things about my trip. 

"Do you go on business trips like this frequently?" Jin asked while we're eating the food we ordered. I already showered and my luggage is wide open in the living room. He was helping me sort out my 'pasalubong' when the food arrived.