Chapter 15: Abyss

Jin's POV

My heart was full when we ended our concert. Army prepared something for my birthday. Those moon army bombs. God, we have the best fandom! Even with the rumors, their love never falters.

I was also excited to go backstage. Today, Hae-rin will arrive. I wasn't able to check my phone to see if she sent me a message. She should be here already. Oh, I can't wait to hug & kiss her. I've missed her so much.

I was running down the hallway, smiling & waving to the staff. When I reached the door of our waiting room, I was greeted by our manager's forlorn look.

"J-jin..." He started. He was holding a phone on his hand. He looked like he just finished talking to someone. "Jin...it's Hae-rin."

My smile slowly faded and my heart started beating nervously, "What is it? What happened? Where's Hae-rin?"

"I--I just received a call from the driver. They are in the hospital. They got into an accident. Hae-rin...Hae-rin..."

"Hae-rin what?! What happened to her?! What hospital?!" I began shouting and people were already looking at me. I heard the boys approaching one by one.

"What happened here? Jin? Why are you shouting?" I heard Namjoon asked but I chose to ignore him.

"Tell me! Hobum-hyung, what happened?"

"She's in the operating room. They need to do an emergency surgery. I couldn't understand the driver that much. He's too frantic!"

"Please, let's go! Let's go!" I shouted, panicking. I started going to the exit and heard the boys going after me.

"How did it happen, Jin-hyung? Hobum-hyung?" JK asked worriedly.

I cannot answer. I cannot talk! I feel like my heart is going to burst! Hae-rin... Love... Why?

I heard screams around us. Armys were waiting for us outside.

I couldn't wave back. I was looking for our car. The atmosphere changed when Armys noticed our worried faces. As soon as I saw the car, we run towards it fast.

My heart was beating wildly, my palms & forehead sweating. God, please, Hae-rin...

"Hobum-hyung, what exactly happened?" Namjoon asked. His voice quivered but he's putting up a brave stance. I appreciate him not swaying at times like this.

I felt Jimin hugged me. I balled up my fist in frustration.

"I couldn't quite make out his words properly but he said something about someone following them then next thing they already crashed." He replied. My eyes flew wide & looked at him.

"What did you say? What do you mean following them?" I asked fiercely.

"Did Hae-rin talk about something like this before, hyung?" Suga asked.

"No..." I shook my head. I never heard her say anything.

"Is it a sasaeng?" Tae asked quietly.

We all looked at him.

"I mean, there's a big possibility, right? Everyone's curious about her. What if someone had found her?" He continued.

"Jin-hyung, can you ask her friend? Maybe she said something to her?"

"Can we be faster?" I asked the driver. Hobum-hyung gave me my phone & I hurriedly called Miromi.

"Hello, Jin?" Miromi said. "Why are you calling? Where's Hae-rin?"

"Miromi, listen...Hae is in the hospital..." I informed her dejectedly.

"What? Why? What happened? She must have just arrived there?" She asked hysterically.