Chapter 2: Unearthed

-Present-

"Dad, let's save this discussion next time, please. I need to go." I rubbed my eyes and yawned. It's been hours since I sat on this chair & had a long meeting with the Philippines branch. Thankfully, progress & decisions were made, even though I was basically out of it the first hour after that trip down to memory lane. 

I'm just now talking to my father, who purposely didn't end the call just to annoy me. He pounces this question every time he has an opportunity. 

"Kiddo, you're not getting any younger. You need to date! All of your brothers are either married or engaged. You're our maknae and only ttal of the family. Your eomma is getting worried." 

"I think we don't need to worry about that. My 3 brothers can supply you an endless number of grandchildren that you won't even notice you don't have one from me." I stood up and gathered my things in the table. Any minute, I am ready to end this call.  This topic was way more stressful than the meeting.

"Hae-rin. This is serious. Do you want me to set you up--"

"Dad, it's already 7 pm. I need to go. I'm exhausted. Bye! Love you!" I quickly ended the call & sighed. 

I cleaned up and turned off my computer before grabbing my bag. After one last check, I headed out of my office. Miromi's table was already vacant--I told her not to wait for me.  I was already on my way to the elevator when I noticed someone in my floor's  lounge area. He looked like he was sleeping. 

I walked towards the figure and my eyebrows furrowed when I realized who the man was.

"JK?" I nudged his shoulder carefully. He stirred and opened his eyes slowly. 

"Hi, Noona!" He sheepishly smiled & rubbed his eyes.  "Are you done?"

"What are you still doing here? Who's with you? Does your manager know you're here?" I asked while he's getting up from the sofa.

"Easy with the questions." He chuckled. "I'm sorry. I had to wait for you. I need to hear it straight from you."

"You need to hear what?" 

"That you don't want to see any of us anymore." He looked hurt while saying those words that I felt guilty. 

"Omo! JK, I---." I stammered. How do I explain this. "Did you eat already?" 

"Not yet. I'm actually super hungry right now."

I sighed. I guess there's no way to escape this bunny.  "Argh, let's go. Let's eat. Do you have a place in mind? We shouldn't be seen."

"Of course I know that. Let me call someone." He happily punched on his phone. I motioned him to get inside the elevator. 

His phone kept on ringing on our way down and he's busy replying to whoever he was talking to.

"Did  you sneak out, Jungkook?" I asked sternly. He only gave me his bunny smile.

"Jimin's bugging me to tell me where I am." 

"I think you should go back." He stopped using his phone & turned to me with a sad face.

"Please, Noona, no. I want to spend time with you. It's been so long."

"Aigoo, this kid!" He knows how I turn soft with him. It never changed even after all these years.

Because he just sneaked out, he's not bringing any car with him so we used mine. Minutes later, we were at the restaurant. Food was already in the table in the private dining hall he must have reserved on our way.  We didn't talk much while eating, just the customary 'how are you' and what-not.