Prologue

"Guess who are the VIPs today?" Miromi excitedly opened my office door and handed me a folder. She's beaming like crazy. 

I got up from my chair and headed straight to the door without glancing at the folder. I heard her go after me.

"We always have VIPs coming in. So what's special about these people?" I continued walking down the hallway. I didn't bother looking at the files because knowing Miromi, my friend and secretary, will surely fill me in.

"They're like the talk of the town, Hae-rin! You're like living under the rock if you don't know them!" I don't know if she's exaggerating. Her chinky eyes grew wider in total excitement.

"Whatever. Let's get this over and done with. I have many meetings today. I'm just gonna introduce the team to them and let you handle them, alright?" I continued walking and stopped in front of the door of the conference room. 

"Aargh! I'm so excited to meet them in person!" Miromi quietly screamed. She composed herself briefly before she opened the door. She greeted the people inside as soon as she stepped in. I followed shortly and my feet were frozen on the spot as soon as I closed the door behind me. 

"Here's our CEO, Lee Hae-rin." I heard Miromi introduce me. I mentally shook my head and gave a small smile.

"Noona?" I heard someone exclaim. I almost winced when I heard that familiar voice but I brushed the thoughts away.

"Hi. I'm Lee Hae-rin. It's our honor to have you here. Miromi,  my secretary here, told me that you'll be needing our services. We'll do our best to help you." I managed to say as I look at the only person I don't know inside the room. I can feel the intense air that I feel like choking up. 

"Hi Ms. Lee. I'm Na Dae-jung. We're looking forward to working with you. We've heard so much about your firm and we cannot wait to see the project you have for the boys."

"Of course, I'll have my best architects and engineers to look into this and guide you all the way." I smiled and quickly scanned the room. It was a mistake. My eyes landed on the most hopeful one that I felt my heart constrict. I cleared my throat and looked away. "Miromi, please tell Senior Engineer Baek to look after them. I'm sorry but I have to leave already. I'm late for my next meeting. Any problems, just let me know. Excuse me, gentlemen."

I turned to the door without waiting for their responses. I quickly walked away from that room, my hands shaking. I was about to turn a corner when I heard someone call me.

"Noona Hae!" That voice again. I stopped in my tracks but didn't look.

"JK, it's not a good time. Please get inside." Said another voice. Even if I don't see them, I know their voices and who's who.  That leaves a  bitter taste in my mouth. I was about to walk again when I heard another voice.

"Namjoon is right, JK." A low voice said.

"But Suga-hyung...Jin-hyung! What are you doing?!" He screamed exasperatedly. I decided to walk away and tried to tune them out. I didn't notice Miromi was already following me from behind.

"Hae-rin? What's happening? Do you know them? Do they know you? BTS knows you?" She asked, perplexed. I didn't notice I was walking so fast that she had to half jog beside me.

"I don't wanna talk about this, please. Just attend to their needs. As much as possible, I don't want to be involved in the process. Let our seniors do the work. Just make sure you do it excellently. They're huge, we would want positive feedback--at least I know that much." I sighed as soon as I hold the doorknob of my office. "I don't want to be disturbed for the rest of the day. I'll have a long meeting with the Philippines branch."

"Alright, but you owe me this! I'll send you lunch later." She left and headed to the other side of the building.  

I was about to enter my office when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Namjoon in the middle of the hallway. I glanced around, nobody is there except us. 

"Can I talk to you?" He asked while bridging the distance.

I sighed deeply and clasped the knob tightly.

"Don't worry, Namjoon. I'll act as if I don't know all of you. Be at peace. No one's destroying anyone's future here." I said and turned the door open. 

"That's not it. Please don't misunderstand us." He quietly said. 

"We're both busy people.  I'm sure your schedules are all lined up. I don't want to waste time. Besides, I have a meeting to attend. I assigned someone very capable, I hope we will be able to get what you're looking for." I said monotonously.

"I know. I just want to say sorry. We are sorry. I hope we can clear things out."

"Funny how you're the one who's saying sorry. Anyway, don't worry, I understand. I just don't want to do anything with all of you anymore. For all of our peace of mind. I hope you'll understand that, too." 

I was about to get inside my office when I heard him chuckle bitterly.

"How am I supposed to tell that to JK. The kid's practically begging me to let him talk to you." 

"JK's not a kid anymore. He'll handle it. After all, we haven't seen each other for a long time. I'm sure this won't change a thing." 

"How about Jin---"

"Namjoon, please. This is goodbye. I will not partake in your projects, so it will be like you haven't seen me again." 

I quickly went inside the office and closed the door behind me. I didn't realize I was holding my breath for too long. I sighed and quietly, the tears began falling. 

At the same time, the memories transported me 10 years back...