Chapter 21

(April 25th 1996)

   Everyone is at Monica and Rachel's apartment and Monica is watching the stock prices on a business channel.

Joey: Hey Monica why are we watching the business channel?.

Monica: Cause I was going by it the other day and I saw that there was a stock with my initials MEG on it and well sometimes I have to watch for two or three hours before it comes up again but when it does it's pretty exciting.

Rachel: Ok honey you really need a job.

Ross: Mon speaking of which dad says he knows someone you can call for an interview.

Monica: Really?.

Phoebe: Ok right there. That-that's the third sign today. Right there.

Ross: On behalf of everyone I'd just like to say behuh.

Phoebe: No cause you just said dad and everywhere I go today I keep getting signs telling me to go see my father. Like when I was walking over here and I passed a buffet...which is my father's last name.

All: Ah.

Phoebe: And they were serving franks which is his first name minus the s at the end. And there was a rotisserie with spinning chicken.

Monica: His Indian name?.

Phoebe: No because I chickened out the last time when I tried to meet him. So I mean coincidences?. I don't think so.

Karina: Well I'd say that's weird. 

Ross: Freakish.

Monica: Wow.

Joey: Freaky.

Monica: Weird, weird.

Rachel: Ok so uh who wants the last hamburger?.

Phoebe: Oh alright that's it now I have to go see him.

Monica: Why?.

Phoebe: Hamburger. McDonald's. Old MacDonald had a farm my dad is a pharmacist.

(April 26th 1996)

   Phoebe pulls up to her father's house in our grandmother's cab with Me in the passenger seat and Rachel and Joey in the back. Phoebe slams on the breaks. Me, Joey and Rachel are thrown forward into the pillows in our laps.

Joey: See didn't I tell ya these pillows would be a good idea?.

Karina: Well Joey you had a bright idea I give you that.

Phoebe: Oh God here we go. For the first time in my life I'm gonna say Hi birth father.

Rachel: We love you, we're here for you.

Karina: Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?.

Phoebe: No, no I need to do this alone.

Joey: Good luck, good luck.

Phoebe: Thanks. "Gets out of cab".

Joey: Hey Rach you uh you want some sandwich?.

Rachel: Oh what is in that?.

Joey: Olive loaf and ham spread, no mayo.

Rachel: "Sarcastically". No, no cause mayo that would make it gross.

I watch as a little dog starts attacking Phoebe's leg before she could reach the house.

Phoebe: Hey, hey, no, oh oh.

Karina: Run Phoebe run!.

Phoebe: No, no, no doggie please. Oh I do so wanna love all animals please no.