Chapter 17

(January 19th 1996)

   At Central Perk Ross is sitting in a table chair while Chandler, Phoebe, Me and Joey sit on the couch and Monica is sitting on another sofa.

Monica: God this is so hard. I can't decide between lamb or duck.

Chandler: Well of course lambs are scarier. Otherwise the movie would've been called Silence of the Ducks.

Rachel: Ok who ordered what?. "Holding tray of dirty cups".

Ross: Oh I believe I had the half-drunk cappuccino with the lipstick on the rim.

Chandler: Yes and this with the cigarette butt in it is that decaf?.

Rachel: Oh god.

Joey: I can't believe you're so uptight about your mom coming.

Rachel: I know but it's just it's the first time and I just don't want her to think that because I didn't marry Barry that my life is total crap you know?.

Phoebe: "Mrs. Adelman's voice". Talk about crap. Try listening to Stella Niedman tell the story of her and Rod Steiger for the hundredth time.

Joey: Uh Pheebs how long do you think this lady'll be with us?.

Phoebe: I don't know. I mean, she obviously has some kind of unfinished business. "Mrs. Adelman's voice, To Chandler". Sit up!.

???: "Enters". There she is.

Mrs. Sandra Green enters the Café.

Rachel: Mom!. "Runs to hug her".

Sandra: Sweetie!. "Hugging her". So this is where you work?. Oh it's wonderful!. Is it a living room?. Is it a restaurant?. Who can tell?. But I guess that's the fun.

Rachel: Pretty much.

Sandra: "To Monica". Monica!. "Hugging her". You look gorgeous!. Last time I saw you it was eat or be eaten.

Rachel: "Introducing everyone". This is Joey and Phoebe and this is Chandler and Karina and Gabriel and you remember Ross.

Sandra: Oh hello Ross.

Ross: Hi Mrs. Green. "Gets up to shake her hand".

Sandra: "Ignoring Ross, To Monica". So what do you think of my daughter in the apron with the big job?.

Rachel: Oh Mom!.

Sandra: If you didn't pour the coffee no one would have anything to drink.

Chandler: Believe me sometimes that happens.

Sandra: This is just so exciting. You know I never worked. I went straight from my father's house to the sorority house to my husband's house. I am just so proud of you. "Going back over to Rachel".

Rachel: Really?.

Sandra: Yes.

Phoebe: "Mrs. Adelman's voice". I know who it is you remind me of. Evelyn Dermer. Course that's before she got the lousy face lift. Now she looks like Soupy Sales.

Joey: Pheebs who's Evelyn Dermer?.

Phoebe: I don't know. Who's Soupy Sales?.

(January 20th 1996)

   Everyone is at Susan and Carol's wedding and Ross has agreed to walk Carol down the isle since her parent's don't approve of her and Susan getting married. Soon the music starts and Phoebe noisly unwraps a piece of candy.

Phoebe: "Mrs. Adelman's voice". Butterscotch?. No one?. All right you'll be sorry later.

   Monica pushes Ben down the aisle in a stroller. Susan is escorted by both her parents. Carol is escorted by Ross. and for a moment he doesn't let her go but then lets go.