Chapter 13 - A Terrible Liar

Começar do início

"That down there is our quidditch pitch, where we would normally play, not this year though for obvious reasons." Milena explained. "I was a little bummed when Dumbledore said there would be no quidditch this year."

"Oh do you play?" Ivan asked.

"Yeah, I've been on the team since third year as a chaser." Milena said.

"Are you any good?"

"I mean I tend to score a lot of our points I think, so I don't think I'm too bad." Milena said. "But I'm sure if we had Ginny, Fred's little sister, on the team, she'd blow me out of the water."

Ivan nodded along to what she was saying.

"Do you play?" Milena asked.

"I'm not on our team, I just like to play casually, but I'm a big fan." He explained. "Maybe I'll get to vatch you play some time."

"Maybe if I become a professional player, you'll see me everywhere," Milena joked.

"I can't say I vould mind that." Ivan said, stepping a little closer to her side.

"Um... yeah..." Milena said. "Anyways... I can't think of much else too exciting to show you."

"Vell, you don't need to show me anymore. Vhy don't ve just enjoy each other's company?" Ivan suggested, inching his way even closer to Milena and her taking a step back.

"Listen Ivan, you seem like a nice guy and all, but I think I'm really only interested in being friends with you." Milena explained, trying to step away again.

With each step Milena took, trying to step away from him, he would take two more as if he didn't hear what she had just said.

"Just friends? You're telling me you don't feel something between us?" He asked.

"No... not really..."

He stopped moving and his expression dropped at her words, his face growing angrier.

"Vhat does that Veasley boy have that I don't?"

"No that's not the problem-"

"Then vhat is?"

"I just don't see you that way." Milena blurted.

Ivan stood for a second, giving Milena a moment to step back again from him. His face had switched from a cocky smirk to frustrated anger and his eyes locked onto her face. His brows had furrowed and he had pulled his arms in to cross them. His jaw seemed to tighten up as he searched his brain for what to say next.

"Fine." He said. "Vhy don't you go back to the Veasley boy then."

He quickly stormed off in heated anger, heading back inside towards the school. Milena stood there and watched him as he stomped into the castle, completely in shock as to what had just happened. She barely knew this boy who was basically throwing himself at her and he was now angry that she didn't like him back? And now she was going to have to go back to the common room and explain to Fred that her plan to make him a little jealous had completely failed. Milena was way too stubborn for that though.

Ivan had completely disappeared into the castle, so Milena took a deep breath and walked herself back into the school as well. She stepped inside, pulling off her winter jacket, hat, and scarf and began her walk back to the common room, thinking of all the things she could say to make Fred just a little more jealous. She just knew she wouldn't tell him a single word of what Ivan had actually said.

When she entered the common room, she saw that not too many people were sitting around. It was a nice day, so most people had either gone out to enjoy the snowy weather or were preparing for classes that were starting in two days. Sitting on the couch by himself, next to the fireplace was Fred who was playing with a balled up piece of paper and seemed to be lost in his thoughts.