Book 2 Sneak Peak

My mother yells at the top of her lungs demanding for attention while my father and I settle ourselves side by side on the plush couch. She's yelling her typical. How ungrateful her modeling company is for her, how much more she deserves, how hard she works to maintain her figure. Little do they know of her purging her guts out in the bathroom? Her fake teeth sunken so far in her head they're a sickness more than a help. She feels invincible now. A perfect smile to pair with a perfect body, what could ever go wrong? My father jabs his arm out into my side. I give him a long glare before turning my focus back to my blonde mother. If you were to put us side by side, you'd never guess we're related. Her blonde hair, blue eyes, and porcelain skin compared to my black hair, green eyes, and olive skin tone. It's a stark contrast. I barely compared to my father who sports brown hair and brown eyes.

"My darling flower, you are just as beautiful if not more as the day I met you, companies don't see what I see." My complacent father mumbles into her rant. It's the same as always, we never deviate from the script. His words to console, mine to secure the deal.

"Of course, mother. You know how they are!" I run my tongue over my teeth to fight the heat building on my tongue. What I would do to give her a moment of my thoughts. Just a minute of my real feelings. It's nothing for her to let herself loose, but me oh that's like asking the gods to return to earth, "If anything you deserve more than just woman of the year."

Just. It's always just with her. She craves more, and always claws the eyes out of the women that opposes her. It's a horrendous system I've been groomed to play into since the day of my accidental birth. I'm constantly reminded of the unexpected bundle of hatred I was. My father hadn't planned on settling down, but his father demanded for the respect of his business a wedding took place. Mother loved the idea of getting chained to a rich name, and my father didn't hate the idea of being married to sex on legs. A compliment of course.

I push myself onto my feet, my mother snapping her head my direction. My palms go up asking for forgiveness, "Sorry Mother. I've got to leave for training. I'll hear the rest of it this evening." My father sends me a pleading look. It's not my fault she started an hour later than normal, so I send me a middle finger and rush from the room. Her scream of disdain continues, my poor weakling of a father left alone to console her with his supporting person. Our family driver waits at the door with my gym bag, the beautiful background of England greeting me when I take it from him, "Thanks Charles!"

He understands I prefer to take myself, no matter what the idiots that raise me say. My feet pad over the cement walkway rushing towards my car. The bag gets tossed in the back, my body slumping into the driver seat powering up the electric vehicle. It's annoying I still live with them at twenty-seven but its more self-preservation than anything. My mother refused to let me go to college, and my father agreed I can't leave until I'm married to a wealthy businessman. I've tried to leave, but their combined power had me back within the day. Charles might seem like a nice guy, but he's not afraid to handle me if I step out of the allowable bounds.

It was maybe a year ago we moved to England. Our family is primarily from Canada, but my mother had an un-deniably good business deal meaning we up hauled our lives moving across the world to support and bend to her will. At first, I hated it, but now... well there's some joys I don't know if I want to give up. At least not yet. My car zooms through the street, people send me a respectful wave as I pass. Since I can't leave the estate my parents bought, I've found things to kill time during the day with the fake encouragement for them that I'm looking for a husband. Not that marriage is on my mind in the slightest. I'm more than willing to let the family name die and live without someone forever. Marrying for love is out of a question, even marrying for attraction. I'm a business deal waiting to sign my life away to the name that builds our wealth.