12 Leather Bear Hugs

Halfway through :(. I love these two. Now its time to get funky! Ready to meet some dragons? Bonus update! Expect regular Thursday as well ♥️
....

"Wait you actually wore that for Halloween and your mother didn't stop you?" I look back down to the photo of him smiling extra-large in his grape costume. His father thought it would be hilarious to accentuate the child's personal grapes in the costume, mother letting him walk out without a second thought. He snorts nodding at the image, "I can't believe that."

            "My parents have a rather interesting sense of humor. They are excited to have you for dinner and show you the photos worse than these." Dinner with his parents. His mother Sandra served us at the breakfast diner she owns. The food was outstanding, and her little quips towards Theo entertaining. She'd known was I was to him and made subtle mention, well maybe not subtle, however my oblivious nature allowed her to cover up her tracks without further questions. He leans into me on the couch. I scroll through the endless amounts of movies to pick from on the streaming stick Chas encouraged me to buy. Slate helped me set up all the services, but now I find myself overwhelmed with all the choices. A nagging emotion eats at my gut, my eyes flicking to Theo who's scrolling through his phone without intention.

            "Hey Theo?" I finally bite back the fear that stabs my tongue. Theo looks up from his gallery with a weary smile, "Have you... ever killed someone?"

            He shifts uncomfortably in his seat, the phone getting dropped onto the side table. I flick my eyes over him noticing a subtle change of energy emitting from him, "I promised to never lie to you, Eos. Sadly, I must confess that I've killed many. Our world is..."

            I raise my hand stopping him, "I don't want to know. I just... I just needed that answer. I have trust in you, Theo, that every person that died by your hand deserved it. However, if that's not the case, please don't tell me. I want to keep you in a good light, but promise it'll be such from now on."

            "You aren't scared?"

            "I think we've passed scared." I snicker trying to add humor to a gloomy topic, "Some part of me was nagging to ask. Now that I know, it'll be easier for me to anticipate reactions later down the line. This world is much different, and I can't expect your social laws to be similar- if at all- to the humans."

            I click on another romance comedy. These always seems to lighten my mood. My core is still sore from the frenzy between us. My new mission is to find something that can distract long enough that I won't jump him again. Theo shifts away from me walking to the big window at the front of the house. The snow is tall reflecting the moons light. A beautiful blue glow has spread over the surrounding forest, a silence that can't be mimic within the city. And oh, the stars. It's like sitting between a sea of glimmering diamonds without the lights of civilization to hide them. When the snow isn't a blanket of cold hell, I enjoyed climbing up to the roof and laying under the glittering beauties. Theo stares intently into the night. His uncovered back ripples with movement, the tattoos shifting over his skin, "Everything alright?" I break the dead silence between us. He gives me a sad smile over his shoulder.

            "This place is rather enchanting. I hadn't expected myself to enjoy the snow." His warm brunette hair has grown from the first time we met. His fingers trace over the side of his face to push it behind an ear, but right after nervously runs it through the top shuffling all the work he went through to fix it before, "I like having you like this. Just you and me. I know it's selfish. However, as soon as you cross into the village there will be many that will demand your attention. I'm not ready to share."