He Just Doesn't Like To Be Scared

Old Lyme, Connecticut

Harold was outside in the woods on a dark, overcast night. He heard the sound of an owl hooting. And, the sound of a coyote howling also was within earshot.

"Boo!" exclaimed Lindsey, his friend.

"Don't do that!" bellowed Harold. His body started shaking like a leaf, his heart pounding rapidly.

"Did I scare you?" giggled Lindsey.

"I'm telling my mom!" Harold raced towards his house.

"Wait, don't tell her!" pleaded Lindsey. "I'm sorry, Harold! I was only joking!"

Harold kept on running, till he made it home. "Mom!"

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" asked his mother.

"Lindsey scared me!"

"That wasn't very nice! Where is she? I'm gonna have a word with her."

"Harold, I......" said Lindsey, catching up.

"Don't you ever scare my son again!" scolded Harold's mother.

"I'm sorry," said Lindsey. "Sorry, Harold."

"Its okay," said Harold, being hugged by his mother.

"I'll go on home now," said Lindsey. "Bye, Harold. See you in school, tomorrow."

Harold didn't like to be scared. And if Lindsey ever scared him again, her parents would hear of it.

This story was written on Monday, October 17th, 2022.

A/N That wasn't nice of Lindsey to scare Harold like that! She should know better than that! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.