#26

~ HAPPINESS IN OBSESSION ~
×
- Don't worry about me, be happy -

"What a lovely night, isn't it??" Said Mrs Kang as she stares at the sky through the windshield with a smile.

"Indeed it is. Tonight is a big night for the both of us." Agreed Mr Kang, having his eyes also locked to the starry sky through his side of the windshield.

Meanwhile y/n was seated in between her parents. Her eyes are locked to her front, where through her windshield, she sees another car, flashing its red light.

She couldn't see the night sky, for all she sees is the street ahead of her, with buildings after building is presenting as the car drives by.

Her heart is beating rapidly, fearing that she's nearing the venue where her nightmare will start. Once the car stops and parks, it's all over for her. Internally, she wishes for the street to be in heavy traffic, or maybe make the car be late to reach its destination.

Maybe make the tire suddenly blast, or anything that can make her not reach the place.

"Isn't the night beautiful, my daughter??" She hears her father calling out for her, so she looks at him, seeing his head slowly turns to her, giving her his stretched up lips.

"The sky is beautiful just like you my daughter. You look magnificent." Such sweet words, this might be the first time in forever that she's receiving such affectionate gestures from him.

"You'll be very beautiful, especially with Sunghoon to take care of you." Aah that's why he's giving such compliment. She suddenly feels a tiny churn in her stomach, but she forces a smile.

"Thank you father. I prepared myself to the fullest for tonight."

"Just as you should my daughter. Thankfully you look so beautiful, thanks to the make up artist I hired."

"I wish you knew, that the make up artist didn't attend today, I did all the make and dressing myself alone dad..."

"Be sure to behave yourself well. You'll get proposed on stage so don't do something that will embarrass me, get it?"

"Yes father."

"This is boring..." Said Sunoo as he humps his back, resting his face on the table while staring at the wine glass in front of him that is glistening from the light.

He rolls his eyes, turning his gaze towards the gentleman who is checking out the place to ease his boredom.

"Jungwon, I'm bored!" Sunoo raises his voice a little, whining and grabbing Jungwon's attention as he coldly looks at him with raised eyebrows.

"Yah Kim Sunoo, sit properly will you?!" Sunoo's sister scolds him and slaps his back, instantly making Sunoo sit straight up with a scowl.

"How're you going to get girls if you behave like this huh?" Said his sister and Sunoo feels slightly unfair. "That's what you care about??"

"Of course! Look, the girls here are hot! Look at that one in the red dress, don't you want to hit on her??" She nudges him and Sunoo goes in disgust.

"You're supposed to prevent me from having a relationship right now! Am I not too young for this?!"

"Pft, you're way too old and single, I feel so sorry for you!" Said her and Sunoo scoffs.

"Says the one who's older than me and is single!!"

"Why am I seated with you guys again??" Jungwon questions this situation he's in, having to witness the Kim siblings arguing over a ridiculous topic.

He looks around the place once again, to pretend he doesn't know these weird, attention gaining siblings. He sees many famous businessmen, even the famous rich family with their children.