Wrongful Death

After arriving at the hospital, I helped Tommy carry Lindsey into the hospital. She was quite heavy.

"Somebody help, please! It's an emergency. Take her to the emergency room please."

One of the doctors took Lindsey away from us and sat her in a wheel chair.

"He's still out there, Y/n. Be careful."

She really must not have seen a thing. I don't know what I would have done if Lindsey had seen me shoot that girl. Looking around through all the crowded people, I spot Karen. I rush over to her, pushing my way through the crowd.

"Karen, how are you doing? How's your mom? How's Laurie?"

"Where's my daughter?"

"She's okay, she's fine. She's with Lonnie and her boyfriend outside."

"No, but he's coming here. She's not supposed to be here."

"He's coming here? How do you know that?"

A policeman shouted out to everyone.

"Secure perimeter, the hospital is on lockdown."

Tommy went into the middle of the crowd.

"Listen folks. Please listen! The boogey man is at large. He's got no choice but to emerge. He is an apex predator. When he surfaces, there will be no pause. There will be no empathy. This ends when Michael is dead! Michael Myers will be executed here tonight, and it will not go without witness!"

Everyone was agreeing with him, shaking their heads.

"We need all of you! Evil dies tonight!"

One of the women in the crowd shouts out to Tommy.

"Evil dies tonight!"

The police officer told everyone to calm down.

"The sheriff's department has this--"

Tommy starts freaking out.

"No no no no, sheriff, we will not calm down. We have watched your department fail. Fail tonight! This is Haddonfield. This is our town."

Another police officer spoke up.

"He killed my daughter 40 years ago. and desecrated her body. Evil dies tonight!"

I guess not all the cops were on the same side. The police officer that said that the department could deal with it went over to the man.

"We are the law. Not you!"

I guess he was higher ranking than him. Everyone started to run around, not even listening to the cops but to Tommy. I stayed by Karen's side.

"Did Laurie wake up yet?"

"Yes, but no one can go in there yet."

Once Tommy heard Laurie was awake, he bolted to her room. Karen followed after him, and so did I.

"Laurie!?"

He opened the door and Karen tried to stop him.

"Tommy, you can't go in there."

He went over to her bed.

"He killed everyone I sent out there. Lindsey was the only one that survived."

Laurie was absolutely freaked out.

"What? Karen?"

"We didn't know for sure. I didn't know what to tell you. Mom I just want you to be okay."