Chapter 8 - Location

Comenzar desde el principio

X raises an eyebrow. "Spongy is here? My Contestant Locator-inator didn't tell me that!" They said with a squint, staring down at the device.

"Huh...weird. Maybe it was just because we were looking for Taco! The other contestants might be here, too!" You realize, Taco scratching the back of her head. "Mm...maybe...um...I don't think we've met?" You stop and think for a moment. Would it be weird to introduce yourself by your own name? Or perhaps come up with something relating to your object. Four gives your hand a squeeze and hastily answers for you. "Y/N will be helping me as a co-co-host. You'd better be nice...or else." They threaten with a blank smile. Taco stares down at the hand being held between the two of you. You stare at Four, a little surprised about being adopted into hosting. You notice Taco staring and look down at your hands as well, loosening your grip.

"With X being our light, you don't need to still hold my hand, you know." You say to reassure them, wondering if they're just worried about separating from you. Four takes a small step to turn and face you, staring through you with wide eyes and black, beady pupils. "Yeh." He says, acknowledging your statement, but still not letting go of your hand.

So you guess he's just going to hold your hand until you get out of this weird, dark dimension. That's fine, you think. "So where is Spongy?" X asks, looking back down to the device. With a few more moments of fidgeting, Spongy's name is projected on it, showing that he was only 18.3 meters away. "Oh!" X said pleasantly, Taco calling out for him as they stepped around, watching as the distance on the gun shortened.

It wasn't long until they found him, the massive contestant on his back, snoozing away. For a moment, you're surprised by how comfortable he was here, but then again, Taco and Spongy had been there for a while. Taco nudges him awake, smiling as he blinks his eyes open in surprise. "Hey, Spongy...we're finally getting out of here. Are you ready?" Spongy struggled to sit up, a smile on his face. He never imagined he'd actually be happy seeing these hosts again. "Yuh!" He cheered.

"It's so good to see my friendos again!" Four said happily, Taco and Spongy exchanging an awkward glance. "Who are we retrieving next, X?"

"Umm...let's see...uh...David? Oh, wait...no- wait- he was eliminated...sorry...um-" X stammers, unsure who to choose next. "How about...Bubble?" You suggest, taking a shot in the dark at random. X blinks, throwing his arms out wide as they welcome the idea. "Oh! Yeah!" He readies the Contestant Locator-inator and fires beneath your feet. The dark sinks away once the group falls through. In a flash, you're surrounded by orange skies, a pair of suns in the sky above you. This strange new world appears to be one straight out of an abstract painting, the clouds a violet color splattered across the sunset colored background. You tear your eyes away from the sky above and look towards the ground. You gasp, you realizing this situation has turned dangerous. There is no solid, flat ground. No grass or dirt. As beautiful as it looked, the landscape above you was filled with jagged, protruding crystals of all shapes and colors. If you landed, you all would surely be impaled. Squeezing your eyes shut and bracing for impact, you cling onto Four, who doesn't seem to be worried at all. Four reaches their other arm around you and points their feet towards the crystals.

As he lands, the sharp crystal beneath his feet explode, sending shards flying everywhere. You nervously blink your eyes open as the sound settles into silence. No more screaming or wind pounding against your eardrums. You observe your new surroundings. Four's landing had smoothed the crystal out beneath you to a flat area that you could stand, X pulling his face up from the ground and shaking the dizziness away. Taco and Spongy are not so lucky, Taco's body broken into chips and various ingredients whereas Spongy's corpse lay with crystals jutting through his pores. You unconsciously squeeze Four a little tighter. If you weren't holding onto them, you would have surely suffered a similar fate. Four hums pleasantly, enjoying the hug. His eyes dart back and forth across the crystalline landscape. "Now, where is Bubble?~" He asks. A high pitched, recognizable voice speaks from behind the three of you.