Still, I was thinking happy thoughts, this was our first Christmas together and after Harry had taken me to Wales to have my moment with my mum, dad and Gran, I owed him one.

So I was determined to enjoy the first proper Christmas I was going to have and be a part of- and I was immensely looking forward to spending our first festive season together.

We had spent most of Christmas Eve catching up with Anne and Robin, (Gemma wasn't around as she was out with her friends, which was another ritual apparently) which they had spent the first half hour or so asking if everything was okay regarding me a couple of days ago.

Of course, my emotions were still all over the place, but I was in better control of them now.

So to lay their minds to rest, I spent some time with them both and opened up regarding what and how I was feeling, before confirming that I really was fine and really looking forward to spending Christmas with them.

As expected, Anne turned into my substitute mother once again and we had a moment shared which was special, and meant to lot to me.

I couldn't blame them for asking and being worried, not really, they were only showing how much they cared and I appreciated that.

It was nice to have a family around me who cared so deeply about my welfare and state of mind.

After returning and settling down, the four of us then played a game of scrabble (surprise surprise, Harry kicked everyone's ass) while Anne then served up a little buffet of warmed butter and sage, cinnamon and apples, turkey bread rolls and banoffie pie, as the richness of the roast going brown in the oven for the main big day made my belly rumble even more.

Honestly, I've never seen a woman cook so much in my life- but I certainly wasn't complaining, not by a long shot.

Anne's cooking and the way she looked after her family was the epitome of Christmas; and the fragrance that hung in the air was so overwhelming at times that I found myself tearing up when I thought Harry wasn't looking- but he had noticed.

Harry always noticed.

So as I began to wake up on a day I normally dreaded, I realised that I had never experienced anything like this before and I was so eternally grateful that I had the chance to be apart of something, a family, a celebration even.

It was going to be the best Christmas ever.

"Bon bons, buttercup, butterscotch, cuddle muffin, cupcake, cutie pie... Izzy, wake up. It's Christmas Day, baby.." he said lowly, kissing my shoulder.

I closed my eyes tighter, even though I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"C'mon my little firecracker, hot lips, hot stuff, pretty girl, sex kitten, snowflake-" Harry added, peppering my shoulder with more kisses as his arms tightened around my waist.

I honestly couldn't help but grin at him.

"Quit it with the annoying, cute pet names, Harold." I mumbled sleepily, rocking back into him as he continued to kiss me.

"Oh good, are you awake?" he laughed, nuzzling his face into my shoulder as I eventually nodded; "Finally... good morning, baby."

I bit my lip, snuggling myself further under Harry's blanket and into his arms.

It was warm, fleecy and smelled like him, and the house was quiet.

Too quiet.

Not to mention that we were also naked after a night of lovemaking, which felt nice and relaxing.