And just like that, we were asleep in moments.

* * *

I woke up in the morning when the light hit my eyes. I opened them slowly, adjusting to my surroundings and looking at the person beside me.

No one could say he was a cold and ruthless CEO if they saw him right now. His hair tousled and messy, his features calm and relaxed, he looked so handsome.

I placed a small kisses all over his face, causing him to stir in his sleep. He groaned and mumbled something and I giggled, causing him to open his dazzling blue eyes and look at me.

A smile took over his face as he gazed into my eyes, stroking my cheek.

"You're really here." He whispered and I smiled at him.

"I'm really here." I told him and he grinned, getting up slowly.

"Sleep well?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I did. You?" I asked him and he leaned down to me and pecked my lips.

"The best sleep I've had in years." He said and got out of bed, dragging himself towards the bathroom. I opened my phone and scrolled through numerous notifications, answering all my messages.

My boutique's opening was the latest hot topic at all media sites alongside Adam and I. I stared at the phone screen, squinting my eyes at the pictures of me and Adam together, smiling and holding hands, kissing and laughing with each other.

Apparently, an article said I've tied down the playboy and trapped him. There were some really nice comments saying they were happy for us but some really hateful comments made me upset. 

They said I was playing with two hearts and crushing them both, that I was a slut, a gold digger and what not.

Just then I felt a grunt beside me and turned around to see Adam hovering over me and squinting at my phone, all dressed up in a suit.

He snatched it from my hands and scrolled down, his eyebrows furrowing, his demeanor growing colder by each passing second. He picked his phone up and called someone.

"I don't want to see a single hateful comment thrown her way. Do you understand? Remove it or I'll destroy you." He hissed at the other person and threw his phone on the couch, running his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and he turned around to look at me, but I didn't look into his eyes.

"Look at me Rose." He said and I lifted my gaze to his, and he frowned.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked me in disbelief.

"I'm doing so much damage to your image and causing so many problems for you." I said quietly but he heard me and sat across me.

"No, you're not doing anything love. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You don't deserve that hate. The one who does is being seen as innocent and that's not fair. Besides, my reputation is a lot worse than yours." He held my face in his hands and sighed.

"I don't want you to touch your phone for today, I'm keeping it with me. If there's any emergency, you can use mine and anyone who wants to call you can call me. Understood?" He said and I nodded my head slowly.

"Now I want you take a shower and come downstairs, okay? I'll put your suitcase here and you dress here." He said and I got up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

My nerves calmed down once I was under the shower. I tried to take as less time as I could and wore a bathrobe that hung nearby. 

I walked out and saw my suitcases so I pulled out my black pants and silky button down and quickly slipped them on.

ROSES & THORNSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें