❦𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖❦

630 words                                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had been getting a lot of restless nights lately. You felt as if you're watched within your own bedroom, the smell of smoke and wine coming from seemingly nowhere to assault your nose.

At first you thought it was just you being tired, anxiety making you delusional and tricking your senses. That was until it happened every night.

Ghostly touches burned your skin while you slept, and small whispers were plagued in the air. You just wished you could feel like you were alone for once.

Windows and doors were locked, but you'd keep hearing, smelling, and feeling your threat. It was as if it was invisible, taunting you with its presence.

You were never alone, as that presence would follow you everywhere. No one believed you when you spoke about it.

You felt eyes on you, constantly, all the time. In class, as you tried to concentrate on yet another lecture. In the courtyard, as you rushed from one part of campus to another. In the library, especially, no matter how hard you tried to keep your head down, no matter how many people you surrounded yourself with, how close you asked your friends to stay. In your own apartment, too, even after you'd shut all the blinds, even after you'd dragged the other first-years over for an improvised movie night or study session. It was hard to sleep. It was hard to do anything, with someone else always watching you.

No one smelled the wine or smoke, the bitter smell that made you wish to gag. No one could feel the piercing gaze, stabbing into your skin to torment you.

Everyone thought you were losing it, thinking maybe you had a bad night with some alcohol. If it was one night, then maybe, but every night?

Soon you started to believe it, soon you thought that you could very well be losing it. That was until that so called presence grew bolder.

Your things go missing, get lost more often than they should. Personal aspects, mostly, combs and chapstick and clothes, but other things, too, things that aren't so replaceable. You couldn't count how many times you had to borrow Tsuzura's pen, you had to tell Yukimi that you couldn't help her out in the dens because someone decided that they had to have your favorite notebook. Most of it turned up in a few days, somewhere obvious, somewhere you'd already checked a thousand times, but that only made you seem unreliable, unsure.

It was as if it was blending into the crowd to track you, your stalker was getting impatient with just watching. She found it amusing that your paranoia was building, that you were finally starting to crack. Soon you would break and try to rely on someone to build you back together.

That's when she finally slipped in, Sachiko Juraku. acting as a crutch for you to use. How could you resist someone as charming as her? Especially if she was actually trying to help you.

She played you right into her hands. Making you think the big bad stalker had run away because of your new savior. It was funny how you never suspected her.

All you did was soak up her words of comfort and soft touches, trying to rebuild your scared self so you could function again.

Of course, she'd help you get all fixed up! Not like anyone else would help you, anyways.

That's how she gets you to rely on her.

Even when you do find out, realizing your stalker and her had the same toxic scent, it wouldn't matter. By the time she's done with you, you'll be a stale shell of yourself, all for Sachiko to mold you into what she wanted.

"Oh Y/N don't be so absurd, we've got to focus on keeping you safe, right?"

She'd always be right behind you.