❦𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌❦

541 words                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sachiko had never found herself attracted to anything weak.

But then she met you.

It was a rainy day, when she first met you, and she was extremely bored. She had nothing to do, no one fun to gamble. She shuffled her poker cards as she lay back in her student council chair, looking out the window, wishing something would catch her eye.

That's when she saw you, shivering and trying to stomp in anger, she assumed. She raised an eyebrow as she watched you stomp a few more steps before slipping and falling. The face you made when you realized what was happening, made Sachiko burst out in laughter.

Once she'd calmed down, she looked back at you still on the ground. She hadn't laughed like that in quite a bit.

She swiftly went to check on you, hovering above you and making you jump. Quickly, you scrambled up and took a few steps back. "What do you want?" Despite how nervous and scared you looked, your voice didn't waver.

"I simply saw you fall and wanted to see if you were alright," Sachiko looked down at the sidewalk, lips turning upwards. "How did you even slip?"

You clicked your tongue, rubbing your arms. Your hair and uniform were soaking wet- it was pouring, the both of you were very obviously drenched, but you looked like you were about to die of hypothermia.

Sachiko tilted her head towards the student council room. "Would you like to come inside? You should probably get out of this rain."

You bit your lip and warily glanced at the student council window and then her. Going into the student council meeting room was not exactly your forte, much less a stranger that was very obviously stronger than you.

You took another step back. "It's fine, I should just go on my way"-

And for some reason the world seemed to be on Sachiko's side today when it started pouring harder. Sachiko put her hands up. "I'm not creepy." That was easier to believe because she wasn't grasping onto her favorite collar. "I'll have my hands where you can see them the whole time. I can walk you to your next class the moment the rain stops." When you still seemed apprehensive, she went to a last resort. "I have spare uniform that you can borrow, wouldn't want to walk around the academy looking like.....that."

"No," you politely declined again. "But thank you though."

Before you turned around, Sachiko couldn't stop herself from reaching out towards you. "Wait!" You looked back, a bit surprised but definitely not as much as her. "I have an umbrella, if you would like to borrow it."

"Uh, yeah, sure," you answered. "I'll wait here."

She nodded and jogged back into the student council office. Once she was out of your view, she smacked her head while she opened the random closet. She rummaged through it quickly, thankful that she could find an umbrella and headed out again to give it to you. You gratefully did, and thanked her with a somewhat angelic smile before hurrying away.

As she watched you walk- almost jog-away, she ran a hand through her wet mop of hair. Despite not seeming physically strong, you were definitely mentally so.

And that would be quite the intriguing thing to break...