Enchanting Grom Fright

Start from the beginning

"Guys?" Luz calls.

Luz and Val see Eda in a brown tuxedo with King, standing on a stack of books, wearing a green apron. "Careful with those pins." Eda yells.

"Why am I doing this? I don't even wear clothes!" King yells.

"Hey, sweet duds, Owl Lady! What's the haps?" Luz asks as she sits on Eda's nest.

Valerie going to Eda checking out her suit. "I'm chaperoning Grom tonight. So I have to look sharp." Eda states.

"And Gus asked me to co-emcee the fight!" King holds up a poster of him and Gus, standing back-to-back in sunglasses, Gus holding a microphone. "We're going to turn this blood-bath into a fun-bath!"

"Ooh! Have they announced the victim yet?" Eda asks.

"Yeah. It's Amity. She's kinda freaking out though. I wish I could, like, take her place or something." Eda, Valerie, and King laugh.

"A great joke, Luz!" King says.

They continue laughing. "Ah, listen, kid. That's a noble sentiment, but Grom is a little above your pay-grade. You're a human. You're... fragile." Luz, red with anger.

"Yeah, Luz. I have better chance of beating that thing easily." Valerie brags.

Eda's face drops. "Woah Woah Woah, hold it there kiddo. Don't put yourself too high now." Eda states.

"Huh? Why?" Valerie questions.

"Kid, the thing runs on fear. You're brave and all, but that grom monster can change into your worst fears." Eda warns.

"But—"

Luz gets up and marches towards Eda. Valerie crossing her arms as Luz stands next to her. "Hey! I've been learning lots of new spells! I could totally handle it." Luz states.

"And I've also been learning new spells. I'm obviously stronger!" Valerie defends.

"There's a horrifying spider in your hair, Luz." Eda warns.

"Nope. I'm not as fragile as you think, Eda. And I can't be so easily fooled, either." Luz turns around, revealing there is in fact a horrifying spider in her hair.

She slams the door as she leaves. "Do you think I'm weak?" Val asks sounding rather angry.

"What? No! Kid, you're strong, your brave - but you have no idea how you'll do with your fears. You're not even good with crowds that well either, what makes you think you can face a monster based off fears that you might not even know about?" Eda questions.

Valerie looks down then has the face of anger. She storms off, slamming Eda's door. "Uh, maybe you were too hard on them. They have saved you from multiple monsters, remember?" King reminds.

"Facing Grom means facing your worst fear, King. And I don't think those two know what that means yet."

Luz and Valerie are in the forest in the dark night. Luz is holding a branch and tears through the bushes, angrily.

As Valerie follows her also angrily. Val's right side is so heated due to her dragon powers, as she walks, she leaves burnt right foot prints behind.

"Fragile. Eda doesn't know me! I-I'm brave! I'm a bad boy!"

"And you've seen me, Luz. I can create burning flames, I've learnt multiple new spells, and let's not forget the detention monsters and the basilisk that we defeated!" Valerie rants.

"Exactly! We can take care of ourselves." They both hears footsteps.

Luz yelps. "Ominous footsteps, creepy woods. This is no problem." Luz braces for impact and holds up her branch.