Optimistic Outcasts

"Valerie, how much longer?!" Luz complains, tiredly.

"Almost there!" Valerie assures.

The kids have walked for who knows how long in the forest. Passing through many trees and they don't even think they're near civilization anymore.

The sun is still up and it doesn't look like it'll be night time anytime soon, so they know they still got time, but they also know time is limited and need to get going.

"Uh, Val, it's felt like we've been in the forest for hours. Are you sure we're going the write way?" Ash asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it! And actually..." Valerie looks closer at the map. "It should be over here!"

Valerie quickly runs off as everyone else follows her quickly.

Luz, King, Aiko, and Ash all stop once they saw Valerie was stopped and looking at an empty landmark? Like there was once a building there - but it's not there anymore.

"Uh... Val... n-nothings here?" Aiko says.

Valerie then digs in her pouch. "Well, obviously, because I didn't say the secret message to allow us to see the pub to enter."

She takes out a piece of folded paper from her little pouch on her belt and takes a few steps forward as she smiles at the paper.

"These guys are a bunch of wild witches. They're so hidden, that they're not even on wanted posters or anything!" Valerie excitedly explains.

"So how did you find them?" Ash asks.

"Remember about The Collector I've told you about? He told me about this and that they could led us to the short cut of not only the palisman power up, but even the emperors castle!"

"W-wait a minute! I don't remember the emperors castle being mentioned?" Ash states.

"Yeah, d-don't you know we c-could get in big t-trouble!" Aiko questions; terror in her voice.

"It's mainly a solo mission for me, I wasn't expecting anyone to help me." Valerie states. Her voice had a hint of sadness from that sentence.

Luz and the others looked at the each other.

"I'll go with you." Ash suddenly said.

Valerie was shocked. "Me too!" Aiko comes in.

Valerie smiles. "Really?"

Aiko nods. "We're y-your friends."

"So you're stuck with us." Ash jokes.

King jumps on Val's shoulders. "So how do we get in the pub?" King asks.

"I have to say a spell for us to walk through." Valerie answers, showing King the paper having the spell.

"I thought only members knew the spell?" Luz asks.

"Like I said, Lector is much help."

Valerie then faces to where the pub is supposed to be, breathes in deeply and out softly, she says the spell.

"A witch loses a true way. Seek the key, fear the lock. You don't have to run away, cause we all have a dream to unlock."

For a second, there was nothing. "Maybe you said it wrong?" King suggests.

Then suddenly, it was like an invisible wall disappears slowly, causing the kids to be able to see the pub! Which looks like a very big cabin, but the cabin looks more old fashioned than modern.

Luz yells in excitement. "Ahh! You did it!" She grabs Val's shoulders and shakes her.

Valerie stops Luz from shaking her more, holding her hands. "Time to go inside. We have to talk to the witches so they could show us the short cut - maybe they're nice."