Chapter 31

A few days passed; Alice started to adjust to her new life at Garside Granger School. She was allowed to do some alchemy with Renfield, but he didn't take it well at first. Wolfie likes to come to her room at night sometimes, she has snacks hidden in her room. 

Count told Alice endless stories about clans, while Vlad worked on getting facts from Bertrand. Ingrid had been oddly sweet; didn't tell Alice what to do at all. Bertrand still wasn't fully trusting to have a breather around. Apparently, Erin was disguising herself as a half-fang to everyone, only Alice and Vlad know the truth. Alice knew the truth due to being in class with Erin, and in the girl's bathroom, Erin had a reflection.

Alice was currently, in the hallway at school on the phone with Robin, telling her all about a college he's going to visit on the weekend.

"I'm just wondering if I should do something besides study bats," Robin admitted. "Is it what I want? Sure...but now that I'm touring more schools."

"Relax, Robin," Alice responded. "You have every right to be worried about a future... you are currently choosing to study animals, biology...you can always choose something minor in with it."

"Minor?" Robin repeated. "You mean more work?"

"Robin," Alice sighed, she looked up to see Bertrand walking toward her. "Maybe something like anthropology, the study of humans."

"What do you pair Biochemistry up with?" Robin asked. 

"I was thinking sociology or languages," Alice answered. "Talk to you later?"

"See ya," Robin answered before hanging up the phone. 

"Another ex-boyfriend that could kill us?" Bertrand asked as he crossed his arms.

"Robin," Alice corrected.

"The brother with no memory of you being his twin sister," Bertrand recalled. 

"The fact they moved made it easier for me to leave Stokely," Alice admitted. "After this is all over, I'm going to try to get into the same university as Robin."

"And leave this life behind?" Bertrand asked as he folded his arms. 

"And I move out of the school upstairs," Alice answered. "I'll invite you in wherever I move...unless you make me mad enough and that invitation will be taken away."

Bertrand shook his head. "We need to get down to the cellar, Vlad has something to show us." As soon as Alice met up with the others, Vlad took them down to the cellar.

"I'm telling you, there's writing," Vlad said, Bertrand ran up to the Count.

"For pity's sake, can't you see I'm busy?" Count asked. 

"Don't you wanna sign it, Master?" Renfield asked. 

"It's supposed to be anonymous," Count informed, he sighed. "What stirs a woman's heart more than the notion of a secret admirer? By the end of the day, our delightful principal will be head over heels in love with her mysterious Romeo and then, I shall reveal myself to her."

Bertrand nodded then looked at the Count. "Is that legal?"

"Are you still here?" Count demanded as he looked at Renfield. 

"Okay, yep," Bertrand said, seconds later she took off. 

"Let me have a look," Count urged as he joined the rest that was crowded around the book. "There's text in the book."

"What language?" Alice asked. "I'm unfamiliar with it."

"It's Aramaic," Bertrand answered. 

"This is incredible!" Count gleamed. "Vlad, you've done it!"