chapter 25

[ Olivia POV ]

I woke up first, which is honestly easy to believe because he likes to sleep late. He's been reading this book and he likes it a lot but I don't get it. I was about to get out of bed until he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to bed. "Don't go yet, just stay in bed for 20 more minutes", he said in a groggy voice. "I can't, I have to go to school today and I need to get there early", I got out of bed and he eventually followed me after. "What do you want for breakfast?", He asked me, "I'm really just craving some fruit, so just make me a fruit salad, with a lot of mangoes please", I replied. "Fruit salad coming up, go take a shower and pack up". He left the room and I went to go take a shower but mostly just be with my thoughts. What am I gonna do now. I can't rely on Xavier forever, I wanna pull my own weight and I wanna be independent. I'll apply for a job on my campus and maybe someone will hire me even with no experience.

I got out of the shower, did my hair and changed into my outfit. I went to Xavier's office and packed my bag, it was a silent process until Xavier's work phone started to ring and I instinctively answered it. "Xavier's phone, hello", I said. "Who is this? Your not Xavier. Give him the phone",she said in a rude manner. "I'm sorry who is this?",I asked. "I'm Vanessa, his girlfriend", she said. "I'm sorry but you're wrong, I'm his girlfriend and I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling him". "Your the girl he's dating now? You know he's gonna use you or are you using him for his money?", "That is non of your business, now stop calling him and trust me when I say he doesn't need you right now", that was the last thing I said before I ended the call.

I feel way to angry to eat right now. I head downstairs and towards the kitchen and there was my salad on the table. I grabbed it and placed it in a container, I'll have it for lunch. Xavier came into the kitchen and pointed to the empty bowl in the sink. "I'm in a rush and I packed it for lunch, I'll see you later, bye". "I thought I was taking you to school today?", He asked. "I'm good, I'll be taking an uber, so yeah, bye". I said and walked out the door.

I got into my uber and eventually arrived at school. I got to my first class and it took forever but I got it over with and my next class was gonna take forever as well. After a few more classes it was finally lunch and I went to a nearby café to eat my lunch and I ordered a coffee for myself. I need it.

I finished everything in under 10 minutes and went to go and apply for a job here at the coffee shop. It's a cute place and I like it. "Are you sure you wanna apply to this place?, The pay here is bad and not all people are like you", one of the barista's said. "What do you mean by not all people are like me?", I asked. "Not all people are nice to us and appreciate us by leaving a huge tip". "I understand but this is the only job I might get and I really need the money". "Okay then, sign away and we will get back to you by tomorrow", he said. "Thank you enjoy your day", I said before leaving.

I went to my last class and it was more entertaining then the others because the teacher just made a lot of jokes, while teaching us art history. I went to the library to do some homework and I lost track of time. I was there until 8pm but at least I'm done studying.

I don't know where to go now. Should I go back to Xavier's place or my place? I don't want to bring Xavier's mood down just because of Vanessa, I already gave him an awful attitude this morning. Well I guess I made up my mind. I'm going to my apartment. I ordered myself an uber and eventually he pulled up. I safely arrived to my apartment and made myself some food. I made some noodles and watched a new series. It was bad but now I really have to finish it and get it over with. All of a sudden my phone rang and it was Xavier, "Olivia where are you? , It's late and you didn't even bother calling me", he said in an angry tone. "I'm at my apartment, I don't know what your so worried about", I said in a sarcastic tone. "Your unbelievable, what's wrong? You've been moody all day and I wanna know why", he asked. "I'm not in the mood to explain myself, goodnight", that was all I said before I hung up on him.

After a few minutes I was on my way to bed until I heard a knock on the door. I tried to ignore it but there was another knock and another after that. "I'm coming", I yelled. I finally opened the door and there he was... my boyfriend. He let himself in and I locked the door behind me.

"What is wrong?, Talk to me", he said in a calm voice. This feels weird, usually when I make someone angry they yell at me or something but he's calm. "Vannesa called you this morning and she said something to me and I feel awful about myself", I answered honestly. "What did she say to you?", He asked. "She told me that you only want to use me and she also thinks I love you for your money, which I know is completely wrong but when she said it to me it makes me feel like I'm using you for your money but I'm not". He gave me a hug and gave me comfort,"listen I know you and I know you'll never do such a thing to me. I love you and I promise you that I'll make sure that she never calls or even contacts me again". "Thank you, I love you Xavier".

"I know it's too early to ask you this but if it's okay with you, will you move in with me?