52

Mai glanced at her phone.
It was almost time for her therapy session because unfortunately it was Tuesday.

Tuesdays sucked.

Bakugou was gathering the dirty dishes while complaining about how messy everyone was, but no one really paid attention to his words as he gathered the dishes and put them on Mai's desk.

Jirou had spent the evening in Mai's room and it was an oddly pleasant experience.
She didn't have anything against Mai but they weren't necessarily close.
She thought approaching her after what happened would be... Weird.
But everything was practically the same.
She spent most of the time enjoying highschool musical and insulting Denki Kaminari. So overall it was normal.

She looked over at the horned girl.
She was calmly talking to Mina like a average teenager. Just looking at her you'd assume she was one to.
Except her scars.
Jirou looked at them carefully, the markings crossed and slashed over every part of her body. It's funny because even though they were obvious Jirou never thought much of them untill now.

She pressed her lips together a question brewing in her mind that she was slightly scared to ask.
"Are we allowed to... Well ask about anything?"
She questioned voice barely over a whisper.
Mai turned to her as the room got slightly quieter.
"I mean if not I totally get it! I just... Have a few questions?"
She said nervously looking at the students that were now staring at her.

Bakugou looked ready to punch someone if necessary and even Kirishima seemed tense.

"Of course."
Mai replied the deadpanned look on her face never faltering.

"Y-you sure? I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or anything!"
Jirou said with an awkward smile.

"No it's fine, what do you want to know?"

"You said that you and one other person made it out of that first room right? What happened to them?"
She asked while other questions lined up in her mind. It was a small detail that the rest of them overlooked but now that it was brought up they couldn't help but wonder about it as well.

"I'm not going anywhere Mai, I Swear."

"Kai, his name was Kai and he was a teenager around our age."
Mai frowned thinking back.
Kai was her first freind, it's weird how Mai made a friend in a horrible place like that but in normal situations it was difficult.
He helped her out as much as he could because of their situation.
"He died in the arena about a year in."

Mai decided not to wallow in her emotions right now. She didn't want to say that his death effected her more than anything that happened in that year, that she lost a piece of herself after watching his death.

"Damn."
Denki muttered as the atmosphere thickened.
Jirou realized that there might be a reason that people didn't bring up Mai's past.

"So you guy's knew each other personally?"
Mina asked tilting her head.
She wasn't sure what Mai did aside from the fights, did she have social time? Was she alone the whole time?

"We shared a room for a year, so yeah."
She answered with a nod.
"He was one of the few people I was around and the only one who treated me like a person."
She leaned back against her bed and sighed.
"It's weird that I made a freind in that kinda situation isn't it?"
She asked looking down at her hands.

"Not really, isn't that a psychological thing? That traumatic events can quickly bond people or something?"
Sero asked looking up from his phone.

"Who knew you were so smart Sero."
Denki commented slapping his friends back.
The boy hit him back.
"I'm not, my mom's a therapist."

"Yo! Your mom should be Mai's therapist!"
Denki suggested.

"Hound dog is my therapist?"
Mai said like she was questioning herself.

"Hound dog's a therapist?!"
Denki said in shock whipping around to face her.

"Yeah? I actually have to go see him in like... Five minutes."
Mai remembered checking the time and standing up.

"Really? Have a good time Mai!"
Denki said with a polite wave.

"Thanks, I won't."
She said with a nod. Bakugou snickered in the corner not looking up from his phone as the girl went off to talk about her feelings.

...................

Mai left hound dog's office feeling emotionally drained as usual. Their conversations got deeper after the whole interview thing and hound dog dug up her fears of being alone like an expert.

The halls of UA high were dimly lit and practically empty at this hour only a few students and teachers buzzed about, the silence and calm made Mai feel comforted in the halls that she walked through everyday.
But soon footsteps echoed behind her as another student practically ran towards her.

Mai stiffened, her guard up as she turned around. Her silver eyes locked with lavender as the general studies student Shinsou stopped in place. He didn't appear to be scared but slightly nervous.
"H-hey."
He said rubbing the back of his neck.

Mai blinked and eyed the closest exit, she had been so close to freedom.
"Hello."
She responded waiting for the explanation for his interruption so she could go do something better with her time.

"I-I... Well..."
The boy stuttered over his words causing Mai to dread whatever he was about to say.
"Can you... Train me?"