43

Mai watched as Aoi started to introduce her, Anxiety squeezed her guys as she said Mai's name.
The camera moved showing the two women sitting next to each other.
Aoi looked at Mai and winked.

"So Mai we'll start off with some simple questions alright?"
She asked with a smile that seemed to be permanently stuck on her face.

Mai nodded without smiling, a conversation from earlier fresh on her mind.

...................
"Just smile and you'll be fine! Show me your smile!"
Hawks said resting a hand on Mai's shoulder.

Mai smiled nervously and hawk's usual optimistic expression faultered slightly.
"Okay don't smile... Just be yourself and you'll be fine."
...................

'Be myself huh? I don't think that'll do much good.'

"Where were you born?"
Aoi asked innocently.

'I was hoping I'd be able to actually answer some of these questions...'
Mai's thoughts seemed to just get more and more negative.
"Well I was left at an orphanage when I was a baby, so I don't have any records like a birth certificate. But as far as I know I was born and raised here in Japan."
She answered carefully.

Aoi nodded.
"So you grew up in an orphanage? What was that like?"

"It wasn't bad, I had trouble making friends as a kid and didn't really get along with the other kids at the orphanage.
But I had a place to sleep and food to eat so I can't really complain."
Mai shrugged, she wanted to answer the questions honestly but right now there was no need to bash the orphanage she once lived in.
So a bit of watered down honesty would be fine.

"Alright I'm sure everyone is dying to know how you got in the arena in the first place."
Aoi said ready to dive deeply into Mai's trauma on live TV.

Mai breathed in the out, the reality of this situation truly sinking in.
"Like I said, I didn't have any friends so I walked home alone after school everyday.
The last time I walked home someone grabbed me and put a cloth over my mouth and everything went dark."

"So you're saying that it was something that could happen to pretty much anyone right? Or was there something special about you that lead to your kidnapping?"

"Of course it could, and as far as I know there wasn't anything special about me.
When I woke up I was in a room with around twenty other people all of them were different, random, there wasn't any specific type of person in there."
Mai said recalling the first horror she saw before she entered the arena.

"So when you woke up you were in a room full of people? What was that like? What happened?"
Aoi said ready to start the conversation of the arena rolling.

"Scary of course, I was just a kid. Just ten years old at the time and I had no idea what was happening. I was chained to the wall along with everyone else and I was the youngest person in the room."
She pressed her lips together and took a breath.
"I was scared of course, and so was everyone else. That fear intensified when a man entered the room walking freely with bodyguards following him.
His name was Amaya Keiji and he was the person that brought us there."

...................

"He referred to us as his 'investments' and explained why we were there."
The voice of a girl named Mai Rika explained.
Half of Japan watched eyes never leaving the screen as the girl spoke of the horrifying things she experienced as a child.

In a small hero course agency A man with green and yellow hair folded his hands together and leaned forward in interest.
His blue skinned sidekick covering her mouth in shock and horror.

...................

At UA high a tall boy with swept up blonde hair watched his mouth slightly open in shock as he listened.
His friends beside him wondered if this was actually the same person he spoke so highly of only a few weeks ago.

...................

On the same campus A red haired first year student sat behind her class hands shaking.
A boy with skin the color of shadow couldn't believe that this was the girl that saved almost a dozen of his friends less than a month ago.

A building down from them a boy with purple hair nerrowed his eyes trying to figure out just who she was.

...................

And somewhere far away, a dark skinned woman with golden eyes smiled proudly.

a/n
haha another cliffhanger

but anyway i've been having trouble with downloading the app
meaning i can't write until i figure this out
so updates will be more spread out lol

(this isn't my phone i'm posting on either)

so until next time my little chicken nuggets.