30

Mai and Kirishima leaned against the house.
It was Getting later and both the teens had already fallen asleep, leaning on each other prepared for the day ahead.
Mai's head rested on her new friend's shoulder while his own leaned back rested on the building behind him.

Earlier only silence had followed their conversation until Kirishima offered to stay outside with her, so she didn't have to sleep with the other students.
The teenagers were already drowsy at that point and just slowly fell into deep calm sleeps instead of speaking any unnecessary words to each other.

The sight of the two kids sleeping next to each other displayed for all to see would make anyone smile at the purity of the situation.
All they wanted from each other was comfort, there were no foul intentions and no displeased feelings.

The sun began to rise and a hot morning mist settled on them.
The light of the sunrise and the shadow of their homeroom teacher soon hung over them.
Aizawa nudged Kirishima with it foot to wake him.
The boys eyes snapped open and his arm flew in front of Mai as if to protect her from any upcoming attakers.
After his eyes ajusted he could see his teachers figure standing over him.
"Oh hey Mr Aizawa- wait it's not what it looks like we were just talking I swear-"

"Shut it. It's time to train, you two just Missed breakfast."
Aizawa grumbled, his punishment for them sleeping outside of their separate room had already been carried out.
Though it wouldn't feel like a punishment until later.

"Alright!"
He said nudging Mai awake.
Which didn't take long, she already half awake and ready to defend herself after hearing voices.

"Mai, come with me. Kirishima go to the front entrance, you should be able to find another teacher there."

"Yes sir!"
Kirishima yelled standing up and giving him a salute.

"Stop that you look dumb."
Aizawa grumbled.
"And we will talk later."
He finished eyes slightly red.

"Yeah! Alright- c-cool!"
Kirishima stuttered already rehearsing what he would say in his and Mai's defense.
Spotting every security camera that could testify to their innocence.

His worries were completely unnecessary.
Aizawa knew they didn't do anything, in fact he'd spotted them last night asleep side by side and cautiously checked the film on the cameras.
And he totally wouldn't talk to Kirishima later, he just thought it was funny to fuck with the kid a little bit.

"Come on."
He said to Mai as Kirishima ran to the front of the building.
The first of many trials he would face today.
He lead Mai, not to the woods, but inside.

"Aren't we going to train?"
She asked finally, after they walked back to the girls room.

"Get changed."
He said simply, closing the door in her face.

"Okay then."
She said putting her arms up mockingly while still facing the door he slammed in her face.
She slipped on a tank top and a different pair of athletic shorts and threw her old clothes in a hamper for her to wash later.

She stepped out and saw someone else.
A woman with blue skin and black hair with glasses perched on the bridge of her nose.
"Hello Miss Rika! My name is babble I'll help you with your lessons today!"

Mai raised an eyebrow.
"L-lessons?"
She questioned.
'oh no, this means-'

"The teachers have decided that you don't currently need any quirk training, so they called for me."
She said with a smile.

"So that means..."
Mai said in horror already knowing what was about to happen.

"I'm your tutor!"

...................

School work for Mai was bad enough.
But now she had one person zoning in to educate her.
And she could see Ojiro and Kirishima sparing through the window.

At least until babble closed the window because it was becoming a distraction for Mai.

Babble was actually really nice dispite the fact that she was shoving knowledge down Mai's throat.
Her name came from her quirk.
She could learn any language after hearing only one word of it spoken aloud.
And she could transfer that information to someone else the same way.

So now at least Mai no longer had to worry about her English homework.
Babble did her a solid and transfered the information and now she was fluent.

But unfortunately she couldn't transfer the knowledge of algebra, physics and chemistry through her quirk.
Those subjects unfortunately had to be learned by Mai naturally.

...................

Mai walked into the dining hall her mind mushy from brainwork.
She walked to see her classmates cooking, still covered in sweat and dirt from training.
Now she had a choice to make.
Her mind was too muddled to want to deal with the still confusing thoughts surrounding Sero and Kaminari.

So she walked to where Tokoyami and Shoji were chopping fruits and vegetables.
"Need any help?"
Mai offered grabbing a knife.

They looked up, silently questioning why she wasn't with one of her normal freind groups, but dismissing the thoughts quickly.
"You may assist us if you would like."
Tokoyami answered nodding at her.

Mai didn't miss the glances she got from the "baku-squad" but ignored them.
Though her head was cleared she still didn't know what to think of everything.
It was odd how therapeutic cutting vegetables was.
She got worried looks from Tokoyami and Shoji as they noticed how quickly and thoroughly she abused the innocent vegetables.

But once again said nothing.