50

^^
Lol chapter 50

"But hot chocolate Mai! hot chocolate..."
Denki whispered trying to get Mai to cancel her tutoring with Babble.
Because of Mai's hatred for the cafeteria and the new development... she decided to prolong their lessons through lunch break and Babble agreed.

But apparently Food rush was starting to make hot chocolate again now that the weather was starting to get colder.
"Just save me some."
She said with a shrug.

Denki grumbled.
"You don't even have to go to the cafeteria! I'll bring you some and we can eat in here!"
He offered out of pure desperation.

"Nope."
Mai shook her head, determined to catch up on school even if it meant a lack of hot chocolate and having to deal with whatever this was.
She wasn't sure why Denki wanted her to eat with them so badly but she was sure he'd get over it by fifth period.
English class had yet to begin only because the teacher himself was late.

"I can't save you some! Than it would be cold chocolate Mai! Cold chocolate."
He said practically begging at this point.

"Actually last time Lunch rush made it at the beginning of the year it stayed hot like... All day! It was practically boiling when I first got mine."
Mina said jumping up and down in excitement.
"And Denki wants you to go because you always protect him from Bakugou!"
She clarified.

Denki gasped and put a hand to his chest as Sero and Kirishima Snickered.
"That's not true Mina! How dare you accuse me of that! I want to spend time with my dearest friend Mai!"
He argued placing his free hand on Mai's shoulder.

"Yeah and... we put salt in his water bottle earlier and don't want to die."
Sero added causing Mai to raise an eyebrow.
"He's already taken a sip during math, then he turned and stared straight at him."

"It's only a matter of time..."
Denki whispered clearly paranoid that he would be under attack at lunch.

...................

Ami Ren the general studies student had a master plan. One that had been developing since she passed Mai Rika in the halls yesterday.
The plan only got bigger when she figured out lunch rush would be making hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate.

It was simple really.
Innocently provoke Mai into attacking her.
Use her quirk to save herself and get away.
And then Mai gets kicked out and Ami gets put in the hero course because the school doesn't want the press to know Mai Rika their student attacked an innocent first year.

It was perfect!

So Ami sat in the hall holding a cup scolding hot chocolate waiting for Mai to walk back to her homeroom.
Ami's quirk was practically useless and relatively unheard of.

Chocolate manipulation.

Yep. Chocolate manipulation.
She could harden it, shape it, melt it. From fudge to chocolate milk.

Useless right? She could also multiply and change it. Like If she had let's say: a cup of hot chocolate she could harden it and grow it into a large amount of hard dark chocolate, and use it as a wall and run away from a scary gladiator.

What's Even funnier is that her family is full of quirks just like it. Hard candy creation, butter churning, white to dark chocolate, Her parents even owned a candy store.

But Ami wanted more than the family business.
She wanted to be a hero, pure and simple.
She knew she could, she trained, practiced Martial arts and she even had a hero name!
Chocolatier: the candy hero.
But everyone was always laughing. Calling her Willy Wonka and telling her to give up.

Mai turned the corner, not even looking at Ami.
The chocolatier approached at the same time shifting so that their paths would be closer.
How come someone like her was handed a spot in the hero course while people like Ami had to actually work for their dreams? It wasn't fair.
The moment they got close, Ami stumbled on purpose spilling the thick boiling hot liquid on Mai.

What an unfortunate accident! that she couldn't be held responsible for because all Ami did was trip.
She used her quirk to multiply the liquid just enough for it to spill on Mai's face neck and shoulders, effectively burning her and staining her uniform.

Ami's smile dessolved as Mai didn't even flinch But she still turned her face to a franic look as she began acting.
"Oh my god I'm so so sorry!"
She lied, Ami wasn't exactly proud, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?

Mai looked down at the slightly shorter girl her eyes suspicious.
"That's fine, it's not like you did it on purpose."
She said with a knowing look. Of course it was on purpose, but Mai wasn't yet sure why.

Ami frowned, this wasn't going at all as planned.
"Your uniform is stained! Y-your parents will have to buy a new one!"

How to piss off an orphan 101

But mentioning her dead parents didn't even work. Mai dropped her bag and slipped off her blazer. Her under shirt was only slightly stained but the agravated skin on her face and neck was beginning to bubble up.
She calmly folded the blazer so the stained part was facing out and pushed it into Ami's arms.
"It's fine, I have more."
She said before grabbing her bag and turning around.

Was Mai pissed off? No, but she was tired of this bullshit.
Was Ami pissed off? No, just in shock, also confused.

Who knew Mai Rika was actually... Cool?

...................

Mai Rika walked to her classroom.
It was on the way to the nurses office and she might as well stop by and get a pass.
But she had to get healed, otherwise someone might accuse her of trying to take Todoroki's look and she could have that could she?

Plus the scar would be on the wrong side.

So she stepped in right as the bell rang.
"Congratulations Mai you're right on t- Good lord what happened to your face?!"
Midnight asked with her hand over her mouth.

"Someone spilled hot chocolate on me, can I go to the nurse?"
She asked looking over to see a Braindead Denki leaning over his chair.
Maybe if she had in fact left Babble's class earlier she could have prevented both of their fates.
She also noticed a very worried Kirishima and an angry Bakugou.

"Of course! Of course! W-was... It on purpose?"
Midnight asked standing up.

Mai shrugged.
"Probably, but I don't have proof."
She said getting her pass and leaving as though what she said was fine.

Midnight's mouth opened and closed at Mai's bluntness but she turned her attention back to the class.
"Read the last paragraph, I need to... Call a few people."

A/n
Also...
You guys are literally so sweet🥺
Your comments give me life and I feel so lucky to have you guys...
I never expected this story to get this much attention and it makes me so happy!

But that's all! I just wanted to say thank and that ILY<3
Byyyyyyyyye