41

Mai sat drinking tea in a white shirt and blue fuzzy pants with yellow smiley faces decorating it.
Bunny slippers warming her feet.
All of which she borrowed from Fuyumi who was happy to share.
Another guest arrived at the Todoroki house.
Aizawa left hound dog in charge of the finicky students and made his way over.
Fuyumi made them tea like she said and left to prepare lessons for her own students.

Leaving Mai with the pro heroes.
"How you doing kid?"
Aizawa asked after a few moments of silence.

"Oh fine! But I have to asked way exactly you didn't tell me that the man who literally ruined my LIFE wasn't in jail?!"
Mai said clearly not fine.
A days worth of anger and frustrations bubbled to the surface as she snapped at her teacher.

Him and Hawks flinched back.
"Okay in our defense he was in jail. He just... Got out."
Hawks said in his defense.

"When and how?"
Mai asked.

"Um... A week ago?"
He said shrinking back.
A week.
A whole fucking week.

"Exactly a week ago he disappeared from the prison he was being held in, we didn't tell you because we were confident we could find him."
Aizawa said calmly.

"So you have a lead on his location?"
She asked guessing the answer after hearing his heartbeat pound heavily.
"...Not necessarily."

"Do you have any idea who he could be working with?"

"No."

"Do you know anyone that might."

"Mai-"

"Then what made you so fucking confident you could find him?"
She asked slowly making eye contact the whole time.

The door opened and the group heard footsteps as a male voice called out.
"Fuyumi I'm home-"
The white haired boy stopped at the door and frowned.
"Oh you're here."
He grumbled looking at his father.
Then his eyes looked at each person in the room.
Eyes landing on Mai who was currently having a standoff with her teacher.

He looked her up and down, from the tips of her horns to her borrowed bunny slippers.
Then he looked at his father in anger.
"Really?! You desided to have a party with this monster? With Fuyumi in the house?! Did you even think that she could possibly endanger-"

"See! It took one night for the news about me to reach a random college student."
Mai put a single finger up.
"But it took an entire week for me to to learn that not only did you fail to keep Keiji In Jail.
But it also took him ruining my life for the second time!"
Mai spread her arms out.

"Mai we'll figure this out-"
Hawks reasoned kinda happy seeing Mai standing up for herself.

"Oh hell yeah we will! You owe me that much."
Then she looked over at Natsuo who was staring at them his mouth slightly open.
"Who are you again?"
She asked rubbing her forehead, a headache quickly developing.

"This is my son Natsuo."
Endeavor introduced.
"Natsuo this is Mai Rika, and I must ask you to be polite-"

"No it's fine he can say what he wants."
Mai waved Endeavor off while flopping down on the couch beside Hawks.
"I might as well get used to random people hating me."
She mumbled listening to Natsuo's footsteps as he walked to the kitchen.

"You're right."
Aizawa said scrolling through his phone.
"The video was put everywhere, even on news networks, any main social media platforms though it was taken down on almost all of them. Looks like Keniji has a good hacker."

"Did they say anything else? Or was it the same video?"
Mai asked walking over.

"A similar video, less personal to UA though."
He said handing the device to her.
"No extra information on your past though."

"He doesn't want to risk you being seen as a victim. Or he wants to see how far and slowly he can push it before you either retaliate or give up."
Endeavor said finally joining the conversation.

"Then I will."
Mai said an idea churning in her head.
"I can take care of both of those."
She looked over to hawks and Aizawa.

"When I was still in the hospital Nezu asked if I would like to reveal my identity to the public, he later said that a few news stations and papers wanted to interview me."

"What you're suggesting is risky."
Endeavor said, his usual frown prominent on his face.

"Why? People already hate me, Keiji is expecting me to deny my past, say he was lying and make up a bullshit explanation.
But I won't.
I'll tell everyone in Japan the truth and they can interrupt that information however they please. I mean look at these articles."

She held up the phone.
"They're filled with theories already that don't come near to the truth. Saying I work with the league of villains as a spy or that I'm a murderer from America who went to Japan to hide and start a new killing spree.
They're already shredding my reputation.

Might as well give them something true to write about."