36

Kirishima fiddled with his band as he walked through the abandoned buildings.
A buzzer had gone off only a minute ago probably signaling the beginning of the exercise.

Kirishima hoped he would run into Momo or Midoriya or someone nice that was paying attention to the instructions that would be willing to fill him on what's going on before attacking him.

He stepped into a building feeling more and more uneasy.
He was supposed to take people's bands right?
He looked at his red piece of fabric.
It was just a red strip the was long enough to be tied around an arm or head.
He shrugged and tied it to his belt securely.
He peeked out the door checking to see if the coast was clear.

It was but he could hear explosions near by and some yelling.
He went to take a step outside but felt a hand on his neck.
Before he could react her was pulled backwards into the dark building.

Whoever grabbed him easily whipped around and stood in front of him, hand still on his throat as they pressed him against a wall.
As she pressed him against the wall.

"H-hey Mai."
Kirishima said in shock.
She moved her hand from his neck.
"Give me your band."
She ordered.

He shuffled nervously and looked down at the band then back at her.
"No?"
He said like a question, though a part of him was screaming at himself to just give it to her because she was pretty and totally deserved it.

"Yes. I don't want to fight you, but I will."
She said with a frown, her black hair was pulled up but a few small pieces fell out to frame her face.
Her intricate grey eyes watched as she waited for his response.

"Well I... Okay?"
He mumbled blushing slightly as he realized just how close they were.

"Okay to giving it to me? Or okay to fighting for it?"
She asked, impatiently.
They were on a time limit and she only had four bands plus her own and she wanted to at least make the top five.

He stood there silently.
"Yes to fighting?"
He asked still not sure what he wanted.
Then she just grabbed the top of his throat again used her elbow to pin one of his hands and used the other to start untying the band from his belt.

Kirishima's eyes widened.
He was being pinned to a wall... By his crush...
Was it unmanly to like being pinned against walls-

Wait! no! Training exercise!
He reminded himself again and used his free hand to grab her wrist and pull her away from his band.
Then he pushed off against the wall and pressed forward only for her to flip him over her shoulder and throw him on the ground.

He kicked up and hit her stomach.
She let out a slight grunt that made him want to apologize before jumping in a hole and crying himself to sleep because he hurt her.
But he of course suppressed this desire and started to push himself up.

Only for her to crouch down and wack him in the side of the head with her elbow before pulling the band loose from it's secure place on his belt.
'aw fuck.'
He complained in his head choosing to ignore how her thigh was pressed against his waist or her hand planted on his chest and instead choosing to focus on the throbbing pain in his head.

She got up and took two steps back wondering if she should help him up but nervous that he might take the band back.
She wrapped it around her forearm and leaned forward offering the arm without any bands.
Kirishima smiled and took it allowing her to pull him up.
"So uh... What am I supposed to do now?"
He asked.

"Go steal bands? The training isn't done yet you still can catch up."
She asked tilting her head.
"Were you not paying attention?"
She asked blinking once.

"Well i-"
A buzzer sounded interrupting Kirishima and signaling the end of the exercise.
Mai frowned.
"Nevermind I suppose it's to late to catch up..."
She said apologetically.

"No problem! Let's go back to the group!"
He said grabbing her hand without thinking and tugging her along with him.
Then he started to think of their fight.
Then he started to freak out.
And then he realized they were holding hands.

He dropped her hand like it was hot and chuckled.
"Sorry! That was- I didn't- Oh look! That student needs help! You go a head I'll help them!"
He bolted into a completely empty house panting.

'This is stupid, I can't keep doing this Mai's my friend...'
He groaned rubbing the sides of his head.
'If I keep acting like this around her she'll figure out something it up...'
Well she will but it probably won't be accurate.
His mind went to their embarrassing 'almost' kiss.
She thought he was falling asleep or he was sick and got concerned.
He chuckled a little bit.
'She smart but kinda dumb at the same time..."
He thought to himself.

"Oi what are you laughing about?!"
A new voice screamed.
"And don't just stand there like an idiot! We're gonna chack the score and- where the hell is your headband?!"

"Oh hey guys-"
Kirishima greeted blushing about being caught laughing about seemingly nothing.

"Oh no, did Mai take yours to?"
Mina asked skipping up to him.

"Well, yeah actually."
Kirishima nodded.
Mina sighed.
"I love Mai but she can be suuuper scary sometimes! But like in a really cool way!"
Mina said laughing.

The group walked forward but when their destination was in sight Kirishima whispered.
"Hey remind me to tell you guys something later... Okay?"
He said.
Talking to them always made him feel better, so talking to them about Mai should help him get his thoughts in order.

(A/n)
Now on a sadder note...

Today the world has lost a beautiful woman who was once thought to be immortal.

Let's have an F in the comments for my darling Elizabeth.

Gone to soon😞✊

I will no longer laugh at memes about her immortality.
Only cry hysterically over them.

Goodbye Elizabeth I know ur watching from heaven and reading my Wattpad.